Position Title: Competitions Administrator
Reports to: Disciplinary & Administration Sr. Manager
Supports: Football Competitions
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The candidate will provide support to the Football Competitions division, ensuring that all administrative and medical projects are accomplished and delivered up to Concacaf standards. Additionally, the candidate will assist in sending all competition and refereeing official communications and correspondence to Concacaf’s stakeholders.
- Support the Football Competitions division in all administrative and medical matters before, during and after each competition – drafting circulars, letters, appointments, policies, and other communications to the match officials, Member Associations, clubs, and FIFA
- Lead the development of departmental policies and oversee the implementation of the competitions planner
- Coordinate and execute the distribution of circulars and official communications for the football competitions division
- Liaise with internal departments to facilitate the delivery of appointment letters
- Maintain football competitions division calendar up to date
- Assist with the implementation and execution of Concacaf’s Anti-Doping Strategy by Coordinating doping controls for Concacaf Competitions
- Oversee the results management of doping cases for Concacaf's 41 member associations and provide assistance as needed
- Support the Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) management process and upload TUEs approved by the Confederation to the Anti-Doping Administration & Management System (ADAMS)
- Coordinate and execute medical and Anti-Doping education workshops and courses tailored to our Member Associations, clubs, team doctors, and players within the Concacaf region
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Medical Committee, Member Associations, consultants, and vendors concerning all matters related to medical and Anti-Doping
- Ensure compliance with all relevant medical, health-related and Anti-Doping regulations and protocols
- Assist in the development, standardization, and implementation of various event tools (such as Concacaf Portal, Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, Formstack, and COMET), procurement processes, and any departmental needs. Additionally, support day-to-day administration, projects, and staff requirements
- Support the department by performing designated activities and tasks, which may involve participation in workshops, courses, and other special projects
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports administration
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years of experience in similar positions
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the Concacaf region
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must
- Self-driven, proactive, and strong work ethic (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Microsoft Project and/or other project management software a plus
- Comfortable in IT environment – able to quickly assimilate new technologies and concepts
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 20%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.