You must be at least 13 years old to register with us. Please do not provide any of your details to us if you are under 13 years old. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 please ensure that you have your parent or legal guardian's consent to register.
What we collect and why
- When you use the Website, there are different ways we (and our providers who manage certain aspects of the Website for us) gather information about you. When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address, contact details, and demographics. We keep a record of this information and any other information relating to you that we may obtain from our suppliers or other third parties. This record will be stored and processed in the United States, the United Kingdom and other countries (see further below under "CONCACAF and how we store data about you" and "How we use Personal Data about you"). All this is necessary for us to recognize you, provide you with the services or information you have requested from us and, where appropriate, to maintain your account with us. We may also use this information to improve our platform and prevent or detect abuses of our Website.
- We keep a record of any electronic correspondence you send us. This helps us to keep track of any problems or concerns you may have had with our Website or services.
- If retail opportunities are provided, when you place an order, we may collect a credit card number or other payment account number. This record will be stored and processed in the United States, United Kingdom and other countries (see further below under "CONCACAF and how we store data about you" and "How we use Personal Data about you").
Cookies and Analysis Tools
- We control how the data collected from our cookies and other technologies may and may not be used. If you do not want to help us to learn how to improve our Website, products, offers and marketing strategy, you can "opt-out" of our ability to analyze such data and disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note that this might affect some functionality on the Website. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please go to www.networkadvertising.org.
CONCACAF and how we store data about you
In order to communicate with you about local events, offers and opportunities and other news, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed by CONCACAF or one of our suppliers based in Europe, North America, Caribbean, South East Asia, Asia Pacific or Latin America. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: preparing and sending newsletters to which you subscribe; the fulfilment of your orders; the processing of payment details; and the provision of support services. The laws of some countries may not provide the same levels of protection of personal data as your home country, particularly if you are resident in the United States. By submitting data, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage or processing of data about you for the purposes described in this policy. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data about you is treated securely in accordance with this policy, and that all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our service providers.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share the password with anyone.
How we use Personal Data about you
All the information we collect via our Website, or through correspondence with you, is used to provide you with any information, products or services you have requested, to operate CONCACAF's business and to improve the services and products that we offer you. We will use personal data about you for purposes such as:
- managing the Website and access to it so that it is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
- dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services;
- planning and managing CONCACAF's business activities, including analyzing users' preferences
- promoting CONCACAF's events, broadcasts and sponsors;
- research and statistics;
- providing you with information about the products and services we offer (subject to your preferences where possible);
- providing you with information about specially selected third-party products and services (if you consent to receive such information on registration), and
- Notifying you of any changes to our products and services.
As described above data may be shared within CONCACAF and with its broadcasters, sponsors, suppliers, and other associated entities. There are only a limited number of circumstances where we may share with others some or all of the data about you that we hold; these are set out below.
- With local promoters, sponsors, agents and such other third parties who assist us in the services we provide to you by, for example, but not limited to hosting sites, or sending emails on our behalf and with retail partners on the Website. In these instances, we provide them with only the information that they will need to perform their function.
- in the event that our business assets are ever sold to, or purchased by, another company (our data records are part of our business).
- With our sponsors, promoters, broadcasters and joint venture partners.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data about you in order to comply with any legal obligation at the request of public authorities, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions to protect the rights, property or safety of CONCACAF, our customers, or others.
- We may make available services such as message boards, chat functionality and blogs, among other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Website becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain personal data, will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose personal data about you, or any other information, on the Website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL DATA YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- With your express consent.
We may also share anonymized, aggregated data, such as access statistics, with third parties such as advertisers. This will not involve the identification of individuals.
How we communicate with you and how you can opt-out from receiving future communications or from our sharing personal data about you
We may use the information we collect to contact you by post, email and telephone (including automated calls, by SMS text messages and other multimedia electronic messages such as picture messaging) so as to communicate information to you about products, services, offers and other news.
We will not send you unsolicited premium rate SMS messages (which are SMS messages you pay to receive), although your service provider may impose a charge on messages that you receive. Please check with your service provider for details. You will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such marketing information at the point when your details are collected. All promotional information from us will come with instructions on how to opt-out from receiving further information in the future.
If you would prefer to no longer receive marketing-related e-mail messages from us or if you would prefer that we not share personal data about you with any of our sponsors, promoters, broadcasters, joint venture partners or other associated entities, you may opt-out of receiving messages from us or from our future sharing of information about you by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the latest such message you have received. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personal data about you from the databases of any third party with which we have already shared personal data about you (i.e., to which we have already provided personal data about you as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from such third parties, please contact such party directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Data over the Internet and other websites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when data about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with data over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the Website, you agree and authorize us to process data in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to data about you.