Position Title: Refereeing Technical Evaluations Coordinator
Reports To: Refereeing Technical & Development Manager
Supports: Refereeing Department
Positioned Based In: Kingston, Jamaica
We are The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam, and French Guyana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Refereeing Technical Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for centralizing assessment data, preparing detailed reports, and utilizing the data to establish performance rankings within each competition and tier of football match officials. This position will contribute to the monitoring of the performance and growth of match officials engaged in Concacaf's competitions and development initiatives, working closely with project leaders, key stakeholders, and other positions within the Refereeing Department.
- Responsible for the collection, organization, and centralization of the assessment data for match officials from various football competitions within Concacaf.
- Implement systems to streamline data collection and ensure accuracy.
- Prepare comprehensive assessment data reports for each football competition, highlighting individual and collective performance metrics of match officials.
- Provide correspondence with referees, instructors, and other stakeholders to address inquiries and provide necessary information.
- Collaborate with the Refereeing Technical Appointments Coordinator by sharing assessment reports to support the appointment process of match officials.
- Utilize assessment data to establish performance rankings within each football competition and tier of match officials.
- Regularly update and maintain performance rankings, identifying areas for improvement and recognizing outstanding contributions.
- Monitor the performance and development of football match officials participating in Concacaf's Refereeing development initiatives.
- Collaborate with project leaders to assess the impact of development programs on match officials' progress and organize feedback for modifications.
- Prepare event summary reports for key competitions and development initiatives, highlighting notable incidents, trends, and recommendations for improvement under the supervision of the Refereeing Technical and Development Manager.
- Distribute event summary reports to key stakeholders, including management and relevant project leaders.
- Work closely with the Refereeing Technical and Development Manager to align initiatives and goals.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of proven experience in Football Refereeing program coordination and administration, preferably in development.
- Must possess a background in Football Refereeing and have an excellent understanding of refereeing within the Concacaf territories.
- Excellent organizational abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for preparing detailed reports and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members, project leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and database management.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 35%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to the market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Jamaica and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.