Position Title: Refereeing Administrator
Department: Football Competitions
Reports to: Refereeing Manager
Supports: Refereeing Department
Position based in: Guatemala City, Guatemala
We are “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam, and French Guyana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility of the Refereeing Administrator is to provide support for all VAR and IT administrative refereeing matters within Concacaf, ensuring that all projects are accomplished and delivered up to Concacaf standards. The candidate will be responsible for the overall administration of all the Competitions and Events implementing VAR. The successful candidate will assist with communications and correspondence with important stakeholders, and must be confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable.
- Support all administrative duties of VAR implementation, before, during and after each certification/training event or competition – drafting circulars, letters, appointments, policies, and other communications to the match officials, Member Associations, clubs, and FIFA.
- Support all administrative duties of clip creation and creating teaching materials for courses and competition management.
- Coordinate and execute event planning for courses and events with internal Concacaf departments, Member Associations, and other external groups (including suppliers, FIFA, etc.) in accordance to the directions of the Refereeing Manager.
- Focus on significant event and logistical matters by coordinating and executing all refereeing logistical requirements related to competitions and events implementing VAR.
- Assist the refereeing department to coordinate flights, hotels, meals, and transportation for the refereeing delegation.
- Liaise with the refereeing delegation for visas assistance and support on logistical matters.
- Liaise with the Head of Refereeing for each member association as well as the FIFA Regional Development Officers (RDO’s) and Instructors to ensure the flawless execution of the Concacaf refereeing program.
- Work closely with and support all internal Concacaf departments in a collaborative manner focused on teamwork and ensuring the success of the project, deliverable, or subject matter.
- Assist in the development, standardization and implementation of various event tools, procurement process, and any departmental need. Assist in the day-to-day administration, projects and staff needs.
- Support the refereeing department with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, tournaments and special projects.
- Assist with VARs evaluation and assessments as well as promotion/relegation with the approval of the Refereeing Manager.
- Identifying and inspection of the proposed Referee Headquarters and training sites where referees are trained during the Competitions.
- Preparing all necessary reports for the decision-making process of the Referee Department.
- Monitoring and preparing of the detailed video analysis taking into consideration the specific needs of Concacaf Referees.
- Preparing the relevant video clips during the Concacaf Referee Seminars and Tournaments with the approval by the Referee Manager.
- Acting as the point of contact for all Refereeing VAR related matters and coordinating the activities of the internal and external stakeholders in connection with refereeing matters.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports administration
- 1+ year of experience in a administrator role
- An understanding of the football landscape
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must
- Self-driven, proactive, and strong work ethic (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Microsoft Project and/or other project management software a plus
- Comfortable in IT environment – able to quickly assimilate new technologies and concepts
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 50%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Guatemala and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.