Position Title: Event Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Event Manager
Supports: Football Competitions
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Event Coordinator (EC) will contribute to the success of the Football division as well as the overall organization. The candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all the assigned Club Competitions and act as the liaison with some of the participating Clubs. The successful candidate will assist with the coordination and planning with important stakeholders, and must be confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable. The EC will also support the operations team, draws, workshops and special projects.
- Manage all assigned duties of the Club Competitions department.
- Collect and verify the required forms and data from participating teams in Club competitions.
- Act as Team Service Manager (TSM) with the participating clubs on a daily basis.
- Prepare official correspondences to be distributed to various Club Competitions’ stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, standardization and implementation of various event tools, procurement process, budgeting, inventory control, packing lists and any departmental need.
- Coordinate with other departments the planning and execution of events.
- Assist in the day to day coordination of projects and staff needs.
- Maintain project schedules and administrative procedures up to date.
- Oversee administrative practices, report and implementing changes when necessary.
- Collaborates on various projects involving other departments as required.
- Facilitate cross departmental communication.
- Lead the planning and execution of the assigned club competition.
- Support Event Teams
- Act as a Venue Coordinator and/or Match Coordinator when appointed.
- Support the Football Division with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, draws, tournaments and special projects
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports management
- 2.5+ years of experience in the sports industry
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other project management software a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Affinity for football
- Confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable
- People oriented – works well with people at all levels
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 50%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.