Position Title: Digital Content Coordinator
Department: Digital and Emerging Technologies
Reports to: Digital Content Manager
Position based in: Kingston, Jamaica
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA. Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Digital Content Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks associated with the content published on all Concacaf Digital Platforms, ensuring the growth and engagement of our digital audience.
- Creating, editing, and publishing content for all Digital Platforms.
- Lead social media live coverage team during game days/evenings/weekends.
- Produce and create video content for all digital platforms.
- Create scripts with a storytelling focus and be able to edit, coordinate and direct video producers in the task of creating video content.
- Coordinate with internal/external designers and producers to create graphics, and other visual content that tell impactful stories.
- Lead the relationship with the agencies that support Concacaf social media management and content creation.
- Coordinate the publication of editorial content on Concacaf website and social media platforms, including translations and the use of SEO best practices.
- Daily monitoring, management, and maintenance of the Concacaf social media communities.
- Execute digital platforms commitments in conjunction with the Partnerships team, Communications and Competitions.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports journalism or similar discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience creating, editing and publishing digital content, and producing and editing content in video format.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of soccer (club and national) in the Concacaf territories.
- Understanding of the current trends in digital usage, technology, and media.
- Ability to adapt to new formats and platforms and to be always up to date on the use of new technologies for content publication.
- Ability to edit, write and post content within a content management system.
- Ability to edit images and leverage video and social media content elements to help produce compelling content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Premier or similar graphic/video editor tool is a plus.
- Flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and commitment to excellence and high standards.
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Jamaica and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.