BRADENTON, Fla.- Haiti has been the sensation of the tournament and on Wednesday will seek to take another step to the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Brazil when they face the Dominican Republic that won the first place in Group B in the qualifying rounds in March.
The Haitians have been strong offensively scoring 12 goals and with a strong defense that has only conceded one goal. Jean Pierre Michel (3) and Fredler Christophe (2) are the top scorers of the Haitians.
The Dominicans count on Franklin Rodriguez who finished as one of the top scorers with three goals in the previous qualifiers.
* NOTE: All stats date back to 2011 when the Concacaf Under-17 Championship format was modified.
Haiti vs. Dominican Republic
May 8 / 4:00 PM ET
R: Nation, Oshane Anthony (JAM), AR1: Barwegen, Micheal Andrew (CAN), AR2: Zeegelaar, Zachari Jair (SUR), 4to Oficial: Parchment, Daneon Estrado (JAM)
- This will be their first meeting in a CU17.
- Haiti will play its 25th CU17 match. 6W-4D014L, 28GF-52GC, -24GD.
- Dominican Republic will play its 6th CU17 match. 2W-0D-3L, 6GF-8GC, -2GD.
- Haiti finished 1st in Group G, 9 points. 3W-0D-0L. Beat Honduras 2-0, El Salvador 4-1 and Guyana 6-0. 6 saves.
- DOM finished in 1st in Group B in First Round. 9 points. 8GF-1GC. Beat Dominica 3-0, Belize 3-1 and Antigua and Barbuda 2-0.
- Haiti is one of the leaders in headed goals (4) and penalty kick goals (3).
- Michel Pierre (HAI): Leads team in goals (3).
- Franklin Rodríguez (DOM): Led team in scoring in First Round (3 goals).
- Dany Jean (HAI): One of the leaders in shots (9). Has 1 goal in 2 games.
- Josué Báez (DOM): One of 6 DOM players to have scored in First Round.
- Kurowskybob Fertil Pierre (HAI): Leads team in passes (96).