BRADENTON, Florida.- The CONCACAF Women’s Uner-17 Championship will resume this Wednesday, June 6 at the IMG Soccer Stadium in Bradenton, Floriuda with two matches in Group B between Costa Rica versus Canada, followed by the United States against Bermuda.
The Championship, which had taken place in Managua, Nicaragua last April, was cancelled due to political conflicts with seven matches already played and teams from Group A, Mexico and Haiti, already clinching passage to the semifinals. The other two teams from the group, Nicaragua and Puerto Rico, are out of the competition.
Costa Rica v Canadá 2:45 pm E.T
Costa Rica, which lost its first group stage match versus the United States 4-0, will look to get back on track against Canada, who with three points following a 3-0 triumph over Bermuda will look to seal one of the two available spots in the next round.
Costa Rica and Canadá will play for the second time ever in a CONCACAF U17 tournament, their previous meeting coming in the 2008 edition in Trinidad and Tobago in a semifinal encounter won by Costa Rica, who advanced to their first and only final.
Some stats and information of note between Costa Rica and Canada at the Women’s U17 level.
2018 Concacaf Women's Under 17 Championship
Costa Rica v Canada
Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 2:45 pm E.T
IMG Soccer Stadium, Bradenton, Florida
- Costa Rica and Canada will face each other for the second time ever at a CWU17.
- The previous match between the two was in the Semifinals in Trinidad and Tobago in 2008, with a 2-0 win for CRC (24/7/2008).
- Thanks to the triumph over Canada in 2008, Costa Rica advanced to the final for the first time in its history, finishing as runner-up.
- For Costa Rica it will be its 15th all-time CWU17 match.
- Costa Rica Record in CUW17: G-14 W-5 D-1 L-8 (GF-26 GA-42).
- For Canada, it will be its 27th all-time CWU17 match, with a record of G-26 W-18 D-2 L-6 (GF-78 GA-22).
- CAN has scored 7 goals and allowed 7 goals in its last 3 CUW17 tournament matches.
- CAN has gone 6 games without losing (4W-2-D). Both draws were 0-0 finals (USA in 2010 and MEX in 2013).
- In 14 all-time CWU17 matches, Costa Rica has only had one scoreless draw (against Trinidad and Tobago in 2008).
- Costa Rica against North American Rivals in CWU17: 9 games played. 0W-0D-6L vs. USA (2008, 2010, 2016 and 2018); 0W-0D-2L vs. Mexico (2010, 2016); 1W-0D-0L vs. Canada (2008).
- CAN will play for the seventh time against an UNCAF opponent, the only defeat was against Costa Rica in 2008 (0-2). Canada has defeated Guatemala three times, 6-1 in 2012, 8-0 in 2013 and 3-0 in 2016) and defeated Panama twice, 1-2 in 2010 and 6-0 in 2012.
- Canada beat Bermuda 3-0, while Costa Rica lost 4-0 to USA in the first matchday of Group B.
- Costa Rica has only lost 1 of 4 games between 2017 and 2018, and has only conceded in one match (4-0 defeat to USA).
- Canada FW Kaila Novak scored two goals against Bermuda.
- Costa Rica FW María Paula Salas has scored goals in 3 of Costa Rica’s last 4 games (all of them by PK). MF Priscilla Chinchilla has scored in 2 of the last 4 matches.