BRADENTON, Florida - Following Mexico’s crowning as champion on Thursday in the 2019 Concacaf Under-17 Championship, the Technical Study Group (TSG) announced the competition’s individual awards and the Best XI.
Mexico defeated the United States 2-1 in extra time to earn its eighth Concacaf Under-17 title.
Mexico goalkeeper Eduardo Garcia, who conceded just three goals in six matches during the tournament, was winner of the Golden Glove Award.
Israel Luna, who scored five goals during the tournament including the winning goal in extra time in Thursday’s Final, was named the winner of the Golden Ball.
Geancarlo Castro of Costa Rica took home Golden Boot honors as the tournament’s leading scorer with seven goals.
The Best XI is led by Mexico goalkeeper Eduardo Garcia, winner of the Golden Glove Award, Mexico forward Israel Luna, who was named the winner of the Golden Ball and Costa Rica forward Geancarlo Castro, winner of the Golden Boot.
Eduardo Garcia, Mexico
Geancarlo Castro, Costa Rica
GOLDEN BALL MVP
Israel Luna, Mexico
- Goalkeeper, Eduardo García, Mexico
- Right Back, Jean Geffrard, Haiti
- Left Back, Stanley Guirand, Haiti
- Center Back, Kobe Hernandez, United States
- Center Back, Jesus Gomez, Mexico
- Center Midfielder, Daniel Leyva, United States
- Center Midfielder, Eugenio Pizzuto, Mexico
- Center Midfielder, Gianluca Busio, United States
- Winger/Right Midfielder, Geancarlo Castro, Costa Rica
- Winger/Left Midfielder, Giovanni Reyna, United States
- Striker, Israel Luna, Mexico