MIAMI, Florida – Concacaf president Victor Montagliani has hailed the direction of the Saint Kitts and Nevis Football Association (SKNFA) for its progress in developing football in the Caribbean nation.
Montagliani was present at the inaugural Crystal Awards held recently in Saint Kitts in which awards were presented to the outstanding performers in Saint Kitts and Nevis Football over the last 12 months.
The Concacaf chief had the pleasure of speaking at the event and praised the SKNFA for the steps forward madein growing its domestic football in 2018.
“I would like to commend the SKNFA and its president Anthony Johnson for hosting the Crystal Awards and most importantly for the progress the association has been making in developing local football,” said Montagliani.
Montagliani also spoke about the evolution of the Confederation under his ONE Concacaf Vision, including the successful Concacaf Nations League, in which the island nation has done an outstanding work. He presented the SKNFA chief with a personalized commemorative jersey, which was reciprocated by the SKNFA with a special award presented to Montagliani later in the ceremony.
Other attendees included former Trinidad and Tobago international and Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke, who was the featured speaker and graciously shared his experiences in life as a footballer.
The evening was then capped with the winners of the first annual Crystal Awards, which were as follows:
- President’s Award: Leslie Sugar Bowl Morton for his contributions to football through the media
- Premier League Player of the Year - Kimaree Rogers, Village Superstars.
- Premier League Coach of the Year - Jeffrey “Pedro” Hazel, Village Superstars.
- Best Youth Player of the Premier League - JavernMatthew, Conaree
- Premier League Golden Boot - Carlos Bertie, Cayon
- Premier League Golden Glove - Zeleon Morton, Village Superstars.
- Fan of the Year Award - Lecimba “Burgers” Browne, Garden Hotspurs
- Women’s League Coach of the Year - Tyron O'Loughlin, Cayon
- Women's League Player of the Year - Leranja Wilkinson, Newtown
- Best Female Youth Player - Jasonna Williams, Cayon
- Women's League Golden Boot - Caroline Springer, Newtown.
- Division I League Player of the Year - Jermaine Carey, Tabernacle.
- Division I League Coach of the Year - Vaughn Patrick, Tabernacle
- Reserve League Best Player - Everette Ritchen, Garden Hotspurs
- Reserve League Coach of the Year - Steven Browne, Garden Spurs
- Keith “Kayamba” Gumbs Youth coach of the year - Kevin Welsh, Newtown
- Best Youth Coach - Roger “Skillachi” Hendricks, St.Thomas/Trinity Strikers
- Best youth player - Jaheem Nisbett, Garden Hotspurs
- Referee of the Year - Kimbell Ward
- Fair Play Award - Rams Village Superstars.
- Keith “Kayamba” Gumbs Youth Player of the Year - Tiquanny Williams, St.Thomas Trinity Strikers.