BRADENTON, Florida – The Technical Study Group have announced the Best XI for the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship, won by the United States with a 3-2 victory versus Mexico in the final.
The Best XI is led by United States goalkeeper Angelina Anderson, winner of the Golden Glove Award, Haitian midfielder Melchie Dumony, who was named the winner of the Golden Ball and forward Sunshine Fontes of the champion United States.
Runner-up Mexico contributes four players to the Best XI, Haiti one and the rest from the United States.
Here’s a look at the team:
2018 CONCACAF Under-17 Women’s Championship
- Goalkeeper: Angelina Anderson, United States
- Right Back: Reina Reyes, Mexico
- Center Back: Kennedy Wesley, United States
- Center Back: Tanna Sanchez, Mexico
- Left Back: Kate Wiesner, United States
- Center Midfielder: Sophia Jones, United States
- Center Midfielder: Melchie Dumornay, Haiti
- Center Midfielder: Nicole Perez, Mexico
- Winger/Right Midfielder: Samantha Meza, United States
- Winger/Left Midfielder: Natalia Mauleon, Mexico
- Forward: Sunshine Fontes, United States