MANAGUA, Nicaragua.- After Nicaragua's debut in Group A of the U17 Women's Championship, today Group B goes into action as Canada faces debutant Bermuda and the United States against Costa Rica at the end of the day.
Concacaf.com shares the statistics for the teams of Group B in the CUW17 Tournaments
2018 CONCACAF UNDER-17 WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP (CU17W)
Managua, Nicaragua Estadio Nacional
Friday - April 20, 2016
Canada v Bermudas, 17:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. local)
USA v Costa Rica, 20:00 pm ET (8:00 p.m. Local)
CANADA vs. BERMUDA (7:30 PM ET )
- CAN and BER will play for first time in CU17W.
- CAN played all CU17W editions while BER will have their debut.
- CAN played 25 matches, achieving 68% of wins (W-17 D-2 L-6).
- Only 2 of Canada´s draws were scoreless (USA in 2010 and MEX in 2013).
- CAN has an average of 3 goals per game in the CU17W.
- CAN scored 3 or more goals in its last 6 wins: 8-0, 11-0, 0-5, 0-3, 7-0 and 2-4.
- Jordyn Pamela Huitema (CAN) scored a goal in the victory vs. Cameroon at the FIFA U17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016. She also shared the 2nd place as top-scorer of the U15 Girls Concacaf 2016 (8). Among others, she scored 2 goals to MEX and 4 to CUW (10-0).
- Sophie Guilmette, Caitlin Carmel Shaw, Jordyn Pamela Huitema, Jayde Riviere, were part of Canada’s team in the FIFA U17 Jordan Women's World Cup 2016.
- Sophie Guilmette did not play in the FIFA U17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016 and Caitlin Shaw only played one minute vs. Germany.
- Teni Akindoju was one of the scorers in the 2017 Concacaf U15 Girls for CAN. She scored 5 goals a brace to SLV.
- Leilanni Nesbeth (BER) was the top-scorer in the 2017 Caribbean qualifiers for Concacaf CU17W (12). She scored 6 goals for Aruba in the historic 13-1 at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, Gros Islet. A brace to TRI and JAM in the Final round of the 2017 qualifiers.
- Leilanni Nesbeth was BER's top-scorer in the 2016 Concacaf U15 Girls (6). A hattrick to Antigua and Barbuda and a brace to Bahamas.
- Nia Christopher, Adia Gibbons, Jaden Masters, Tianna Mullan, scored in the 2017 Concacaf Caribbean qualifiers. Nia Christopher scored one goal in the final 1-4 defeat against HAI. Bermuda finished in 2nd place in the 2017 qualifiers.
- Tianna Mullan, Adia Gibbons and Nia Christopher scored 2 goals each in the 2016 Concacaf U15 Girls.
- BER scored goals in the 5 matches played in the 2017 Caribbean qualifiers for Concacaf (in the last 4 matches scored and conceded goals).
USA vs. COSTA RICA (10:00 PM ET )
- It will be the 6th matchup between USA and CRC: 2008 (GP-2), 2010 (GP-2) 2016 and 2018.
- USA has won all 5 matches against CRC (28 GF-1 GA).
- USA, is the 3 times Champion (2008, 2012 and 2016), has not lost in 25 games in regulation time: 23-G -2E (137 GF-5 GC).
- CRC achieved its best finish in CU17W in Trinidad and Tobago 2008, as runner-up after losing the final against USA.
- USA has the highest average goal per game in the history of the tournament (5.48).
- CRC is one of the teams that has scored against USA (in the 2008 final).
- In 20 of 25 games, USA did not conceded goals (W-19- D-1). 17 wins were achieved by 3 or more goals difference.
- USA conceded just one goal (vs. Japan) in the last 8 friendly matches. Scores in those friendly matches: 8-0 to Venezuela, 9-0 to Argentina, 6-0 to Italy, 6-2 to England.
- Kennedy Wesley and Kate Wiesner played 1 and 2 matches respectively at the FIFA U17 Jordan Women's World Cup 2016.
- Sunshine Fontes scored 3 goals in the last 2 Friendly against JAP. She also scored 4 to Venezuela in the 8-0 last January.
- Croix Bethune and Maya Doms scored 6 goals in 11 friendly matches U17. While Isabella D'Aquila scored 5 goals in 8 Friendly
- Payton Linnehan (8), Kalyssa Van Zanten (7), Mia Fishel (7) and Samantha Meza (5), Sunshine Fontes (3), were the top-scorers in the 2016 Concacaf U15 Girls. Van Zanten and Meza scored in the Final of that tournament winning 2-0 vs. CAN in August 2016.
- Priscilla Chinchilla and Maria Paula Salas were the top scorers in the 2017 Central America qualifiers (3). Salas scored goals in three matches, all of them by penalties kicks (vs. SLV, HON and PAN)
- Medolyn Esmeralda Guerrero scored 2 goals in the 2017 Central American qualifiers, both in the first half (vs. SLV and HON). She also scored a goal in the 2016 Concacaf U15 Girls.
- CRC won the 1st place in the 2017 Central American qualifiers, winning all 3 matches, scoring 10 goals and without conceding any games.
- María Paula Salas was the top-scorer for CRC in the 2016 Concacaf U15 girls (6).
- Nicole Pamela Gómez and Priscilla Chinchilla scored 3 goals each in the U15 Girls Concacaf 2016. Chinchilla scored a goal in the match for third place (defeat 1-5 vs. MEX).