Position Title: Refereeing Technical Appointments Coordinator
Reports To: Refereeing Technical & Development Manager
Supports: Refereeing Department
Positioned Based In: Guatemala City, Guatemala
We are The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam, and French Guyana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Refereeing Technical Appointments Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the centralized appointment process for match officials in football competitions and development initiatives. This position will be responsible for ensuring a One Concacaf approach in the appointment process, adhering to internal policies and collaborating closely with key stakeholders, and other positions within the Refereeing Department.
- Responsible for streamlining the appointment process for match officials in both centralized and decentralized football competitions.
- Collaborate with administrators within the refereeing department to ensure the timely and efficient assignment of match officials.
- Implement and uphold a standardized approach to referee appointments, ensuring consistency and fairness across all competitions and development initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Refereeing Technical Evaluation Coordinator by utilizing assessment reports and data to support the appointment process.
- Provide detailed appointment reports that demonstrate adherence to internal policies and the One Concacaf Approach.
- Ensure that all development goals are aligned with the appointment strategies under the supervision of the Refereeing Technical and Development Manager.
- Collaborate with the Refereeing Technical Evaluation Coordinator to incorporate assessment reports and performance rankings into the appointment process.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of referee appointments, including but not limited to match officials’ profiles.
- Generate regular reports detailing the referee appointment process, including relevant metrics and key performance indicators.
- Participate in competitions and development events organized within the Concacaf Region.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of proven experience in Football Refereeing programs coordination and administration, preferably in development.
- Must possess a background in Football Refereeing and have an excellent understanding of refereeing within the Concacaf territories.
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members, project leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Proactive problem-solving skills to address challenges in the appointment process and recommend effective solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for preparing detailed reports and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and database management.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 35%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to the market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Guatemala and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility