Position Title: Refereeing Administrator
Department: Football Competitions
Reports to: Disciplinary & Administration Sr. Manager
Supports: Refereeing Department
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility of the Refereeing Administrator is to provide support for all administrative refereeing matters within Concacaf, ensuring that all projects are accomplished and delivered up to Concacaf standards. The candidate will also assist sending important communications and correspondences to Concacaf’s stakeholders.
- Support the refereeing department in all administrative matters before, during and after each competition – drafting circulars, letters, appointments, policies, and other communications to the match officials, Member Associations, clubs, and FIFA
- Coordinate and execute event planning for courses and events with internal Concacaf departments, Member Associations, and other external groups (including suppliers, FIFA, etc.)
- Focus on significant event and logistical matters by coordinating and executing all refereeing logistical requirements related to competitions and events
- Assist the refereeing department to coordinate flights, hotels, meals, and transportation for the refereeing delegation
- Liaise with the refereeing delegation for visas assistance and support on logistical matters
- Liaise with the Head of Refereeing for each member association as well as the FIFA Regional Development Officers (RDO’s) and Instructors to ensure the flawless execution of the Concacaf refereeing program
- Collaborate with administrative functions related to the Concacaf web-based referee database
- Work closely with and support all internal Concacaf departments in a collaborative manner focused on teamwork and ensuring the success of the project, deliverable, or subject matter
- Maintain project schedules and administrative procedures up to date
- Assist in the development, standardization and implementation of various event tools, procurement process, and any departmental need. Assist in the day-to-day administration, projects and staff needs
- Review administrative practices, report and implementing changes when necessary
- Support the refereeing department with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, draws, tournaments and special projects.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports administration
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall football landscape in the Concacaf region
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, proactive, and strong work ethic (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Ability to logically plan, file, and organize
- Highly organized and experienced in various aspects of event planning
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- English and Spanish proficiency (writing, reading, speaking) French and Dutch are a plus
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Microsoft Project and/or other project management software a plus.
- Comfortable in IT environment – able to quickly assimilate new technologies and concepts
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 50%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.