Manager of Refereeing, Guatemala
Position Title: Manager of Refereeing
Reports to: Director of Refereeing
Position based in: Guatemala
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
Through a strong sense of teamwork and leadership, this position will support refereeing activities within Concacaf as well as within Member Associations including grass-roots initiatives and courses. The Manager of Refereeing must have a good sense of organization, planning, and preparing teaching materials. Must have significant experience in and knowledge of refereeing and football as well as strong project management abilities.
- Support all 41 Member Associations’ refereeing departments and associated programs.
- Assist with the coordination of the Concacaf refereeing development program with the Manager of Refereeing for each region and member associations as well as FIFA Regional Development Officers (RDO’s) and Instructors.
- Support the Director of Refereeing in the day-to-day activities of the department.
- Work closely with and support all internal Concacaf departments in a collaborative manner focused on teamwork and ensuring the success of the project, deliverable, or subject matter.
- Coordinate courses and events with the Member Associations.
- Provide management direction and support for all Concacaf refereeing events, courses, competitions, etc. – inclusive of futsal and beach soccer.
- Prepare and manage documents and forms associated with department activities
- Create reports (technical, surveys, and otherwise)
- Manage logistical requirements including hotels, meals, transportation, training sites, payment, etc.
- Follow all Concacaf procedures (including procurement)
- Ensure all assigned activities fall within budgetary numbers
- Provide assistance in the organization of instructors, assessors, referees to all regions and Member Associations.
- Assure consistency and follow-up on quality of teaching at grassroots levels.
- Work with other Concacaf departments to create videos and other productions related to refereeing.
- Analyze and report on referee performances. Includes watching assigned games and generating game summaries immediately following the match(s).
- Create training clips and training videos.
- Maintain an archive of training videos.
- Manage referee materials like communication systems, substitution boards, etc.
- Write and review articles for publication for various websites and modes of information distribution.
- Manage and direct functions (including providing performance feedback and follow-up) relating to the following areas:
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to essential/required functions)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support refereeing administration in office and during events
- Plan and budget
- Help in any refereeing matters as required
- Manage competitions
- Manage the functions relating to the web-based, referee database
- Coordinate travel for match officials
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- + 5 years of experience in various aspects of football/soccer with emphasis on refereeing
- Ability to problem solve and work with little supervision
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and proactive (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Ability to multi-task
- Must possess a keen sense of attention to details
- High-level experience in creating/managing programs
- Ability to logically plan, file, and organize
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and technologically savvy with the ability to create clips for training and review
- Comfortable in IT environment – able to quickly assimilate new technologies and concepts
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- English proficiency – Spanish, French and/or Dutch language knowledge is a plus
- Team player. Understands the importance of building relationships (internally and externally). Uses positive communication to establish and maintain positive business relationships.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 60%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org