HR Operations Associate
Position Title: HR Operations Associate
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
This position is responsible for providing high-quality support to all HR programs, including but not limited to recruiting, career development initiatives and benefits management. This is a fast-paced, customer service-oriented role which interacts directly with all staff across Concacaf region.
The HR Operation Associate will assist the HR department to support the Confederation to drive the strategies, foster leadership success and support all employees for a positive employee experience with focus in the following areas:
Workforce Planning and Employment
- Support the Employee lifecycle processes (from hire to retire)
- Execution of Concacaf recruiting strategy and hiring process which includes job description analysis, pre-selection of candidates, coordination of interviews administration of pre-employment tests, screenings and background check, and registration of new hire information into our systems
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of employee files and records with new hire information or changes in employment status
- Coordination of the onboarding agenda for new hires
- Process transfers, promotions, pay changes and terminations in HR systems
- Responsible for creating and running HR reports
- Support Relocation and migration processes
Performance Management and Development
- Coordination and evaluation of training sessions
- Maintain the record of employees’ participation in all training and development programs
- Support the annual Performance Development Plan process
- Assist HR department with key annual planning work such as talent planning and performance calibrations.
Compensation and benefits
- Assist during the annual open enrollment process for benefits
- Support and track PTO and FMLA leaves requests
- Registration of new hires and separations for STD and LTD insurance coverage
- Provide information during compensation surveys
HR Administration and events
- Give answer to employee requests and questions about human resources policies and procedures via phone, email, or in person
- Serve as an employee advocate by supporting HR department in establishing workplace relationships and models the organization’s Ethical Leadership standards, behaviors and compliance
- Statistical reporting to internal management (employee demographics, absenteeism, overtime, employee turnover) and external agencies (e.g., government agencies, insurance companies, auditors, etc.) as requested
- May be accountable for selecting and managing HR outsourcing vendors
- Supports other HR events, activities and programs as required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years of proven experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of labor legislation and payroll processes
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process
- Solid problem-solving and team management abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely decisions and ability to identify issues that require escalation
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Must be fluent in English and Spanish
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.