Position Title: Head of Event and Travel Services
Division: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Chief of Finance & Administration
Supports: Corporate Meetings, Events and Football Competitions
Position based in: Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Head of Event and Travel Services will lead a team in the overall strategy, planning and execution of various events including meetings, workshops, congresses, Draws and tournaments. The candidate will be responsible for areas including travel, events, accommodation, ground transportation and protocol. The candidate will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and must be confident, positive, professional, reliable and with a strong attention to detail.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meetings and events including, planning, site inspections, venue selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, onsite staffing and post-event reconciliation and reporting.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of travel including the management of the TMC.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of accommodation including hotel sourcing, contracting, rooming block management, F & B and AV.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of ground transportation including service provider sourcing, contracting and contract management.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of event guest management including the development and maintenance of policies and the setup and management of CVENT (Concacaf’s invitation and guest management platform)
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of event and company-wide protocol including the development and maintenance of policies and service levels.
- Oversee and facilitate onsite services including event setup, problem solving, welcoming guests, communicating with staff and event take-down.
- Creation and management of key relationships with entities including service providers, member associations, other football bodies and government agencies and officials.
- Create and implement hospitality plans for top tier events.
- Detailed budget creation and oversight for all events.
- Creation and analysis of high-level RFPs for various services.
- Work on multiple national and regional meetings simultaneously.
- Prepare and review contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures.
- Work closely with other departments to plan scope and format of events.
- Work with the brand marketing department to create event materials and signage.
- Create and implement staffing plan for events.
- Oversee and facilitate the detailed reconciliation of event charges.
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports including recommendations for improvement.
- Support the Chief of Finance and Administration with other activities and tasks as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ Years of experience in Sport Industry. Football is a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word; Outlook and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other event management software (e.g. CVENT) is a plus.
- Up-to-date on current trends in the events industry.
- Experienced at negotiating with hotels and vendors.
- Experience in dealing with sports teams is a plus.
- Team player, professional, positive attitude, pride in work product.
- Proven supervisory experience with the ability to hire, manage and mentor staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Exceptional client service mindset.
- Experience in Political environment is desired.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 40 - 50%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee will be required to work varying schedules including nights and some weekends to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.