Financial Planning & Analysis Supervisor
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Supervisor
Division: Administration & Finance
Reports to: Head of Finance
Supports: Accounting, Finance, Football Operations, Commercialization, and Compliance
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
This position is responsible for all financial planning activities including annual detailed budget, quarterly forecasts, and four and eight-year cycle financial plans. Additionally, the position manages the monthly event-by-event financial monitoring and analysis, and all internal and external financial reporting presentations and packages.
The right candidate will be a process-driven thinker who is comfortable with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Leads the preparation of the annual budget through significant collaboration with each department including preparation of tournament and event budgets.
- Must institute budgeting best-practices including use and review of budget templates and ensure annual integration of approved budget into accounting system.
- Prepares all materials and presentations related to the budgeting approval process.
- Responsible for preparing quarterly forecasts to ensure alignment of budget with operational decisions, identify risk and opportunities, and develop contingency plans to close performance gaps.
- Prepares a four-year cycle budget for approval and 8-year financial plan including identification of risk and opportunities.
- Conducts monthly department meetings to understand and analyze financial results and provides monthly budget vs actuals variance analysis reports including department, tournament, and event P&L’s.
- Ensures timely completion and distribution of monthly variance reports to departments and management.
- Responsible for the collection and review of all Member Association (host) tournament budgets and post-tournament financial reports and P&L’s.
- Develops a database of relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for various event categories (tournaments, development events, etc.); develop a baseline by which to measure future performance improvement; track and report on KPIs on a regular basis
Other Operational Financial Analysis & Projects:
- Handles special projects and ad hoc financial analysis and presentations in support of business decision-making which is anticipated to be a significant percentage of the job function.
- Assists Corporate Controller with reviewing G/L and analytical accounts for accuracy in coding for month-end closing and reporting, including a solid grounding in GAAP.
- Participates in presentation of finance and administration best-practices workshops.
- Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
- Assists Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer with a variety of tasks as needed
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3 years of total experience, with various functions of increasing responsibility.
- FP&A experience for international, multi-location organizations is required, ideally with some experience in entertainment, sports, media or services.
- Ideally experience in both financial reporting and operational financial planning & analysis (FP&A).
- Displays strong knowledge of operational finance, GAAP and metrics-based analytics.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, “hands-on” analytical skills and a process driven mentality.
- Exhibits continuous improvement mentality. Helps maintain accountability of financial resources.
- Displays advanced skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint including charts & graphs
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) systems and Management Reporter
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidate is bilingual (English/French or Spanish).
- Flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and must be able to operate at a fast pace.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.