Director of Digital Strategy and Innovation
Position Title: Director of Digital Strategy and Innovation
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Director of Digital Strategy and Innovation is responsible for developing, planning, and managing all-digital, social, and new product strategies across all platforms for Concacaf and for its competitions and events. The candidate for this role needs to be a thought leader on digital trends and passionate about evolving digital ecosystems.
The right candidate will be a process-driven thinker who seeks continuous improvement and leads Concacaf’s digital growth by performing the following functions successfully:
- Developing and driving the overall digital strategy for Concacaf:
- Staying at the forefront of the latest social media technologies and trends to keep Concacaf at the cutting edge of the sports industry.
- Continuously pushing forward a mobile first approach for all the Confederation’s products and platforms.
- Helping grow Concacaf’s fan base by developing custom content on digital platforms.
- Enhancing existing and develop new commercial content franchises that yield value to current and potential partners.
- Defining new ways to approach existing operating models to help generate new revenue streams in addition to identifying operational efficiency.
- Actively supporting the discovery and partner/solution analysis phases for new technological initiatives.
- Effectively building relationships and collaborating with stakeholders across different departments.
- Liaising and supporting the Partnerships Team and respective agency partners in providing and supporting all contractual digital assets.
- Developing techniques that efficiently track and monitor overall product/programs performance for the purpose of creating business intelligence that will guide and enhance current and future digital initiatives.
- Creating and distributing Key Performance Indicator Reports to leadership for tracking performance and for partner recaps.
- Enhancing Concacaf’s CRM system to maintain a robust and GDPR compliant fan/user database.
- Enforcing rights management controls via social streaming to ensure all rights are properly safeguarded.
- Managing all relationships with vendors and service providers to optimize performance and regularly evaluating industry providers to maintain best roster of partners for Concacaf.
- Promoting and encouraging others to value differences when working in diverse teams.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Strategy or another related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in digital strategy and management of broad portfolio across web, apps, mobile and social media.
- Deep understanding of Sports or Media and Entertainment industries and key market disruptions in the digital space. Strong knowledge of Soccer/Football preferred.
- Proven ability to independently drive strategic digital initiatives while partnering with key stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience leading and working with cross functional teams that may include design, brand, stats, media distribution, marketing, and operations.
- Strong project management skills including the attention to details; create and manage timelines and deliverables on time, on budget and of the highest quality. Adept at managing multiple projects at once.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based usability and the analysis of online behavior.
- Vision and passion for creating online experiences for customers while building brands and business.
- Excellent business communication skills, both written and verbal. Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English plus French or Spanish).
- Experience with budgeting as well as strong financial and analytical skills.
- Proven supervisory experience with the ability to hire, manage and mentor staff.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to work effectively with Concacaf partners, internal management/co-workers and partner vendors/agencies.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 30%-40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.