Position Title: Manager Media Distribution
Reports to: Director of Broadcast Operations & Executive Producer
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters Miami, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Manager of Media Distribution is responsible for the implementation of the company’s content distribution and business development strategies, with a primary focus on revenue and audience growth through television, radio and digital license agreements, and creating new content monetization opportunities. Another key function of the role is to work closely with internal departments to make sure that media services are launched on affiliate platforms in a timely manner and maintained in accordance with the agreed deal terms. Reporting to the Director of Broadcast Operations, this role provides vital support to all Concacaf media activities and on-going relations with the local and regional teams
- Drive the implementation of current media distribution strategy and help re-shape future strategy to enhance distribution revenues and profitability.
- Identify new business opportunities for traditional broadcast, digital and emerging platforms
- Support business development activities of the commercial team through research and analysis
- Liaise with internal teams to launch new services and to implement global content distribution strategy across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) inclusive of a tailored, market-by-market approach to revenue, audience and brand growth, where collaboration is critical
- Manage all relevant trackers and reporting tools for the media distribution business. Compile and update VOD / TV Everywhere / OTT information into tracker documents for commercial and operational purposes, ensuring it is kept up to date
- Identify new distribution channels for our content.
- Proactively participate in the content distribution deals from inception to closing, including developing and implementing negotiating strategies, partnering with executive team and division heads to foster alignment across all lines of business and working directly with the Procurement and Legal team to facilitate optimal deal structure and execution.
- Initiate and pursue business development opportunities that enhance and align with company growth objectives; participate in all aspects of deal execution including research of partners/opportunities; provide strategic and financial assessment; transaction structuring, negotiation, and industry due diligence; provide business development support to global business units in areas of deal evaluation, structuring, and negotiations.
- Provide strong analytics of market deals, digital trends, ratings analysis to executive team on a weekly basis.
- Create briefs, highlights and profiles or deals and partners for executive team’s meetings.
- Serve as contact to manage content and business development partnerships as well as be part of a team that delivers outstanding day-to-day support, in coordination with key business units (TV, Digital, Social, Marketing, Strategy, FP&A, etc.).
- Be part of the content distribution and business development P&Ls, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting.
- Provide ongoing sales support to TV and Digital clients and serve as critical point person for external clients and internal stakeholders
- Conduct market analysis, performance reporting, and competitor analysis reports
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience in global sports content licensing, or a related media/entertainment segment, having held a similar role with another multi-media company.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Solid project management, strategic thinking and organizational skills with the ability to be part of concurrent, multiple, high-priority, time-sensitive initiatives as well as analytical skills to work particularly with data.
- Influencer with a proven ability to get things done, and drive projects to conclusion.
- Good knowledge of and contacts in television, digital and content distribution, especially for the Concacaf region; have an understanding of the competitive landscape and business environment impacting the sports, media and entertainment industries.
- Proven track record of experience and successful deal-making either by leading or being part of a negotiations team.
- Excellent financial, analytical, negotiating and creative problem-solving skills that result in successful partnerships across key KPIs, with an affinity for defining content value and competitive positioning.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish). Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent communicator, presenter and collaborator, with the experience and ability to effectively influence at all levels to get things done, both inside and outside the organization.
- Have strong experience in the media distribution contract drafting, analysis and maintenance.
- Thrive in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive, flexible and adapt to a fluctuating professional landscape.
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally up 30% of the time
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.