Position Title: Head of Refereeing, Caribbean / Central America
Reports to: Director of Refereeing
Position based in: Caribbean: Kingston, Jamaica / Central America: Guatemala City
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Head of Refereeing (Caribbean/Central America) shall lead the refereeing functions in their assigned region or area. They must have a good sense of organization, planning, and preparing teaching materials. Must have significant experience in and knowledge of refereeing and football as well as strong project management abilities. Through a strong sense of teamwork and leadership, this person will support and develop refereeing activities within CONCACAF as a whole as well as within assigned Member Associations including grass-roots initiatives and courses.
- Support the CONCACAF Director of Refereeing in the day-to-day activities of the refereeing department with specific focus on their area or region.
- Develop plans to train, mentor, coach, and promote referees.
- Work closely with and support all internal CONCACAF departments as well as regional departments in a collaborative manner focused on teamwork and ensuring the success of the project, deliverable, or subject matter.
- Work cross functionally with all regions.
- Ensure the fundamentals of “One CONCACAF” are carried out in day-to-day operations.
- Support all assigned Member Associations’ refereeing department and associated programs
- Ensure all CONCACAF referee initiatives (from grassroots to FIFA) are disseminated and directed in assigned region. Additionally, support all regional referee initiatives while working with the FIFA Regional Development Officers (RDO’s) and Instructors.
- Coordinate courses and events with the Member Associations
- Develop plans and execute on plans relative to referee development, training, and identification within assigned areas. Focus on succession planning as it relates to establishing a pyramid for referee development and with the objective of developing the next World Cup match official.
- Provide management direction and support for all CONCACAF refereeing events, courses, competitions, etc. – inclusive of futsal and beach soccer – within assigned region.
- Prepare and manage documents and forms associated with department activities
- Create reports (technical and otherwise)
- Assist in the management of logistical requirements including hotels, meals, transportation, training sites, payment, etc.
- Provide assistance in the organization of instructors, assessors, referees to all regions and Member Association.
- Assign referees, assessors, and instructors to events and matches as needed.
- Work with other CONCACAF departments to create videos and other productions related to refereeing
- Analyze and report on referee performances
- Create training clips and training videos
- Maintain an archive of training videos
- Manage and direct functions (including providing performance feedback and follow-up) relating to the following areas:
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to essential/required functions)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support refereeing administration in office and during events
- Plan and budget
- Help in any refereeing matters as required
- Supervise others including referees, assessors, instructors, Member Association Heads of Refereeing
- Manage competitions
- Manage the functions relating to the web-based referee platform
- Provide recommendations for appointments
- Manage tiered lists of match officials, assessors and instructors
- Assist the CONCACAF Director in reviewing and analyzing the referee assessments and provide feedback to the assessors and referees, where necessary
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in various aspects of soccer with emphasis on refereeing
- Ability to problem solve and work with little supervision
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and proactive (seeks opportunities/challenges and finds/recommends solutions)
- Ability to multi-task
- High level experience in creating/managing programs
- Ability to logically plan, file, and organize
- Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and technologically savvy with the ability to create clips for training and review
- Superior communication skills (written and oral)
- Fluency in English and Spanish (writing, reading, speaking) is highly desirable
- Candidate must be eligible to travel to the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.