Position Title: Corporate Counsel
Department: Legal and Compliance
Reports to: Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
Supports: All Departments
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for providing practical, timely and high quality legal services and counseling on a variety of matters and to a broad spectrum of functional areas including: commercial transactions, procurement, licensing, marketing and operations. Participates and takes leadership roles in cross-functional teams, identifies legal issues, provides legal options and analysis of possible legal solutions, and gives recommendations for addressing critical issues so that business and legal objectives are met. Advises and consults with employees, managers, senior management and external partners.
- Manage projects to ensure completion, efficiency and accuracy of communication, documentation and implementation
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing and executing documents such as: commercial contracts, licensing agreements, vendor/purchasing contracts, and documents for corporate and subsidiary entities
- Collaborate with and further develop members of the legal and compliance staff
- Responsible for proactively identifying solutions for potential risk and compliance mitigation
- Manage outside counsel work so that it is timely and cost-effective
- Travel (including international) as needed
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support committee and corporate secretary staff as needed for events and annual/other meetings
- General advice to human resources, finance and other corporate teams
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Qualified to practice law in Florida
- 3-5 years professional experience as a practicing attorney (in-house or firm)
- Strong background in commercial contracts and corporate transactions
- Self-motivated, organized - must be able to manage projects and time independently
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Extremely accurate and detail-oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish required. French a plus
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.