Position Title: Partnership Marketing Senior Coordinator
Department: Communications and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami Beach, FL
Date Written/Revised: March 3, 2015
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football (soccer) in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The principal responsibility of this position is to manage the confederation’s Partnership Marketing programs working in close relationship with CONCACAF’s commercial agencies, sponsors/ partners, federations, teams and stadiums. The idea candidate will be able to assist in all areas of the Partnership Marketing process including, but not limited to sponsorship fulfilment across all platforms (stadium branding, digital, suites, tickets), as well as developing strategy for sales processes, sponsorship packages and presentations.
- Responsible in coordination with Director of Marketing for partnership marketing program development, supervision and implementation.
- Responsible for operational sponsorship activation including but not limited to:
- Ticket fulfillment and tracking (including suites and VIP)
- Development of activation plan along with Commercial agency
- Pre-event planning as well as on-site programming development and implementation (branding, trophies, medals, tickets, suites, etc.)
- Liaising with different stakeholders to secure and deliver sponsorship asset fulfilment.
- Manage relationships with key partners (e.g. Member Associations, clubs, client agencies, vendors, local region contacts, etc.) focus on Partnership Marketing areas.
- Provide oversight for the day-to-day sponsorship activities and quality control for all client facing materials
- Work with CONCACAF Design department and CONCACAF Commercial Agency to develop sponsor brand guidelines to assure CONCACAF Partner correct usage.
- Assure that trophies and medals for all CONCACAF tournaments are set ahead of the tournament
- Work with CONCACAF Design department on development of tournament specific logos
- Work with the CONCACAF Marketing director to develop and maintain Commercial Guidelines for tournaments and events to assure CONCACAF Partner correct usage.
- Management, along with CONCACAF Commercial Agency, the contract fulfilment process with confederation sponsors (e.g. field boards, media backdrops, VIP areas)
- Focus along with the CONCACAF Operations department on the development and execution of the CONCACAF Awards Ceremonies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have a keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Be able to quickly establish credibility throughout the organization and with stakeholders to be able to develop and deliver all elements of the Partnership Marketing program
- Be able to develop a detailed partnership asset tracking system for all events and properties.
- Be available to travel to Confederation events to manage partnership marketing programs and their implementation, both in the planning and execution phases
- Obtain good understanding of the company's objectives, mission and vision and pro-activeness in generating new ideas for effective brand promotion
- Strengthen relationships with current institutional partners and identify potential new ones
- Responsible for developing a monthly report for senior management on all partnership marketing, promotions activities
- Monitors sport business industry publications to maintain the Confederation informed of newest trends and ideas in the marketplace
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Works with all other departments to ensure that all public facing materials align with the Confederation’s brand strategy and standards.
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- 2+ years of experience in Sports Marketing, Sports Communications and/or related field.
- Knowledge of the soccer industry, especially in the CONCACAF region.
- Multiple years of experience dealing with stakeholders in the sports/entertainment industry
- Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow clear direction from Director of Marketing.
- Experience and confidence to manage relationships with sponsors, agencies, federations, teams and stadiums across the region.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, in order to work effectively with clients, internal management/co-workers and partner vendors/agencies.
- Experience overseeing and managing executional deliverables and program activation, ideally with sports related properties.
- Understanding of the contract process and experience reviewing these types of business documents.
- A keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives.
- Ability to identify and evaluate new opportunities for the growth of CONCACAF properties
- Experience analyzing and reporting against ROI metrics in place
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Experience and confidence as a presenter of materials to stakeholders
- Superior organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 40% to 50%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401K and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org