Position Title: Translator
Reports to: Director of Committees
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach. FL
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is seeking an in-house, full time legal bilingual English, French & Spanish Responsible for understanding, and translating written documents from one language to another.
- Provide legal translation of documents, publications, letters, presentations, press releases, etc.
reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained;
- liaising with c to discuss any unclear points
- proofreading and editing final translated versions
- providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document;
- prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Support all departments within CONCACAF in an administrative capacity when needed
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in English, French & Spanish
- Two to three years of documented professional legal translation experience
- Recent experience working as a full-time translator for an agency, company, or as an independent contractor preferred
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org