Position Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Supports: Administration, Football Operations, Commercialization, and Compliance
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant position is to assist the Accounting Manager in all accounting tasks, including but not limited to the preparation of internal and external financial reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position plays an important role in the closing process including monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of journal entries. The staff accountant will directly oversee Accounts Receivable and collections. This position requires strong analytical skills and detailed review of financial records.
The ideal candidate should embrace continuous improvement and have a process-driven mentality. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities after demonstrated success.
- Assists in the monthly closing process, which includes preparation of general ledger journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, accruals, typical “cut off” procedures, and roll forward sub-ledger schedules.
- Provides support in performing variance analysis to prevent errors and ensure journal entries are processed accurately and in compliance with both GAAP and industry standards.
- Manages the Account Receivable process, including monthly billings and collections, and records revenue, deferred revenue, and unbilled receivables.
- Manages customer cards, contracts, and updates the Customer Contract Database noting contract terms, revenue allocations, and payment plans. Works closely with the Commercialization and Legal Departments to follow up on revenue contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of timely internal financial reporting.
- Is expected to research GAAP matters and assist in improving accounting procedures, documentation of, and adherence to internal controls.
- Assists and supports in the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Provides information and supporting documentation for the annual external audit, the periodic FIFA audit, and other stakeholder needs.
- Performs periodic off-site inventory counts and makes monthly inventory adjusting entries.
- Assists and supports the development and implementation of all accounting policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
- Assists in performing ad-hoc projects and with a variety of tasks as needed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (BAA)
- At least 1 year of experience working in the accounting field is preferred
- Experience in auditing and/or accounting for organizations is preferred, ideally with some experience in entertainment, sports, media, or services.
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting operations, including a closing calendar and review process cadence.
- Critical thinking and “hands-on” analytical skills.
- Must be a process-driven thinker and goal-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of internal control processes and ethics.
- Ethical behavior and business practices.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology, ideally with Microsoft Excel and Dynamics Great Plains systems.
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to the market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.