Position Title: Sr. Manager Media Distribution
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Sr. Manager of Media Distribution is responsible for the implementation of the company’s content distribution and business development strategies, with a primary focus on revenue and audience growth through television, radio and digital license agreements, and creating new content monetization opportunities.
- Work closely with executive team within matrix organization structure to implement global content distribution strategy across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) inclusive of a tailored, market-by-market approach to revenue, audience and brand growth.
- Participate in the content distribution deals from inception to closing, including developing and implementing negotiating strategies, partnering with executive team and division heads to foster alignment across all lines of business and working directly with the Procurement and Legal team to facilitate optimal deal structure and execution.
- Initiate and pursue business development opportunities that enhance and align with company growth objectives; participate in all aspects of deal execution including research of partners/opportunities; provide strategic and financial assessment; transaction structuring, negotiation, and industry due diligence; provide business development support to global business units in areas of deal evaluation, structuring, and negotiations.
- Serve as contact to manage content and business development partnerships as well as be part of a team that delivers outstanding day-to-day support, in coordination with key business units (TV, Digital, Social, Marketing, Strategy, FP&A, etc.).
- Be part of the content distribution and business development P&Ls, annual budgeting and planning process and monthly forecasting.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in global sports content licensing, or a related media/entertainment segment, having held a similar role with another multi-media company.
- Bring good knowledge of and contacts in television, digital and content distribution, especially for the CONCACAF region; have an understanding of the competitive landscape and business environment impacting the sports, media and entertainment industries.
- Have a proven track record of experience and successful deal-making either by leading or being part of a negotiations team.
- Very good financial, analytical, negotiating and creative problem-solving skills that result in successful partnerships across key KPIs, with an affinity for defining content value and competitive positioning.
- Demonstrate a natural ability to think strategically and structurally.
- Solid project management and organizational skills with the ability to be part of concurrent, multiple, high-priority, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Excellent communicator, presenter and collaborator, with the experience and ability to effectively influence at all levels, both internally and externally, particularly within a matrix structure.
- Thrive in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive, flexible and adapt to a fluctuating professional landscape.
- Ability to travel up 20% of the time
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ideal candidate is bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.