Position Title: Sr. Manager, Marketing Partnerships
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Oversees: Manager Marketing Partnerships, Manager of Central America Partnerships
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The principal role of this position will be to manage all aspects of the Confederation’s Marketing Partnerships program. The primary responsibility and focus of this position is to generate new business revenues with local, regional and national companies through the sale of fully integrated sponsorship packages of CONCACAF assets, as well as marketing, media and promotional programs that include marketing rights, on premise signage, game sponsorships, promotions, event marketing and digital assets.
The position will work closely with the internal and external sales and support staff in packaging, developing, selling and tracking all aspects of the Confederation’s Sponsorship assets across all CONCACAF’s properties.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, professional Senior Manager that will lead this area reporting to the Confederation’s Chief Commercial Officer. This candidate will oversee department personnel and project management as well as possess a desire to work as part of a team and be capable of solving problems independently. CONCACAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for maintaining the day to day relationships with external Commercial partners
- Create, develop and sell sponsorship packages across the region while working hand in hand with Federations, Local Organizing Committees and Clubs.
- Maintain relationships with existing partners while managing the full portfolio of assets
- Deliver, alongside with appropriate stakeholders, all contracted commercial assets
- Develop relationships with key partners in different categories in Central America and the Caribbean
- Develop and maintain a detailed tracking system for all the Confederation’s assets, while developing new ones to sell.
- Responsible for delivering biweekly report on commercial activities to Senior Management
- Reviews data to analyze efficiency of sponsorship sales, activations and partner promotions to determine progress towards stated goals
- Works with analytics agencies to evaluate the performance of CONCACAF partnerships
- Create and present partnership post-event recaps to all the Confederation’s commercial partners
- Develop with CCO the mid- and long-term sponsorship strategy for CONCACAF
- Monitors sports business industry publications to maintain the Confederation informed of the latest trends and ideas in the marketplace
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Works with all other Commercial areas (T.V. and Digital) to create and integrate new assets
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, 5+ years of experience
- P&L management and strong analytical skills.
- Proven experience analyzing and creating successful sponsorship platforms
- Experience negotiating and selling sponsorship packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record working with internal and external stakeholders
- 3+ years in Sports Sales and Partnership Management
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 10 to 15%
- Ideal candidate must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.