Position Title: Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Position based in: Miami Beach
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
Management of accounts payable processing
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation
- Manages tournament related and Union monthly operating payments
- Reviews A/P aging on a weekly basis and communicates cash needs to Accounting Supervisor prior to each payment cycle
- Manages routing of invoices to appropriate parties for coding/approvals
Management of banking and payment processing
- Reviews payment transactions processed by accounts payable clerks
- Maintains database of vendor bank wire information
- Manages biweekly payment cycle
- Prepares e-mail to upper management for approval of payments
- Coordinate President or General Secretary signature on manual checks
- Uploads Positive pay into bank prior to mailing of manual checks
- Uploads check print files for electronic checks to be issued by bank
- Prints Wire Confirmations
- Reviews Notification of Exceptions sent by bank and resolves open issues
Maintains vendor relationships
- Maintains vendor W-9 files and lead the preparation of annual 1099s.
- Maintains W-8 files and liaise with Accounting Supervisor to ensure quarterly payments are made to the IRS
- Manages the relationship with scanning software company to ensure all supporting documentation is properly stored and scanned
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assists the Accounting department with month-end closing procedures relating to Accounts Payable
- Assists during external audits
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance - preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable role
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software – highly desired
- Intermediate Excel/Outlook skills
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of soccer operations highly desirable
- CONCUR experience – a plus
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.