Position Title: Referee Technical Coordinator
Department: Refereeing Department
Reports to: Sonia Denoncourt, Director of Refereeing
Position based in: Miami, CONCACAF
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Referee Technical Coordinator is a former referee capable to manage refereeing technical matters. Capable to analyze matches, provide feedback and develop teaching materials. Build and maintain a database, produce refereeing teaching materials. The position required technical knowledge, high flexibility, efficiency and reliability.
- Control assessments program: review, analyses, follow-up & distribution to referees as required
- Coordinate all assigned games and quality management
- Coordinate all levels of instructions and training related.
- Teach the teachers for consistency and professional approach
- Prepare guidelines for referees, assessors, instructors and Member Associations
- Prepare teaching materials, education tools, technical documents, web information, practical sessions database
- Assist the Director in various technical aspects
- Prepare Elite courses for men and women, Elite referee assessors courses
- Prepare and follow up an annual meeting with referees leaders in each Member Association
- Follow up on ranking, promotion system
- Manage the International list yearly procedures and registration
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Collaborate with Heads in each of Member Associations for courses/event (support the structure)
- Support the Director in developing guide for referees, assessors, administrator
- Support in managing Tiers of referees, ranking of referees and assessors
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- College degree
- Former referee with extensive knowledge in refereeing education
- Require Experience in and understanding of the game of soccer/refereeing
- High level experience in technical matters, knowledge of the Laws of the Game
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- Skills and abilities to plan, organize, follow-up
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org.