Position Title: Referee Development Coordinator
Department: Refereeing Department
Reports to: Sonia Denoncourt, Director of Refereeing
Position based in: Miami, CONCACAF
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Referee Development Coordinator has a good sense of organization, planning, filing and preparing teaching materials. Must have great knowledge in Refereeing & Football, high abilities in managing projects. Support any refereeing activities with all Member Associations, grass roots and courses as required and needed.
- Support all 41 Member Associations in their development refereeing program
- Coordinate refereeing development program with the Head of refereeing in each regions, RDO, instructors
- Tailor-made / customize refereeing assistance for all Member Associations
- Coordinate courses, events with the Member Association
- Increase visibility and opportunities for referees at non-CONCACAF events but related (Dallas Cup, Referee Academy, Disney tournaments, exchange program…)
- Provide assistance in the organization of instructors, assessors, referees to all regions and Members Association
- Assure consistency and Follow up on quality of teaching at grass roots level
- Follow up and supervise the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) program
- Manage Beach soccer refereeing program: Competitions and courses
- Manage Futsal refereeing program: competitions an courses
- Work with other CONCACAF departments to create videos and other “productions.” Related to refereeing
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination
of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support refereeing administration in office and during events
- Help in any refereeing matters as required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- College degree
- Require Experience in and understanding of the game of soccer/refereeing
- High level experience in creating/managing programs
- Great abilities to plan, file, organize in logical manners
- Efficient IT abilities related to the job (excel, power point, clipping and editing, etc..)
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- Flexibility to travel and availability
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org.