Position Title: Public Affairs Junior Manager
Reports to: Director of Public Affairs and Public Affairs Manager
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF (The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Public Affairs Junior Manager will be an integral part of the Public Affairs team at CONCACAF. He/she will assist with daily operations and projects in a fast-paced environment with the aim of helping advance key initiatives of the Department. The Junior Manager will work under the guidance and mentioning of the Director and Manager of Public Affairs in a dynamic team environment. He/she also collaborates in managing the organization's public reputation maintaining a favorable image of the Confederation and its leadership with the goal of integrating all stakeholders into collaborating towards common goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field required with a thorough understanding of communications principles and practices
- A minimum of five years public relations management experience
- Knowledge of the football industry in the region a plus
- Vast understanding of the regional and international media landscape
- Effective and versatile communication abilities, both written and oral
- Excellent communication and project management skills with strong writing, proofing and editorial skills
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking abilities with the capacity to drive projects from development to completion
- Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in fast-paced, often pressured environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with senior team members and stakeholders
- Capable of understanding multiple audiences and able to develop content focused on specific needs
- Knowledge and experience with social media and digital world
- Exceptional management, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be fully Bilingual (English and Spanish). Knowledge of other languages a plus
Hours: Full time. Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including weekends and game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Work in coordination with Director and Manager of Public Affairs to support daily activities.
- Work in coordination with Director and Manager of Public Affairs to establish stakeholder engagement and portray the Confederation’s in a favorable light.
- Collaborate with and support the Public Affairs team on all relevant institutional/public relations specific events and tournaments.
- Liaise with the counterparts in all 41 Member Associations, other confederations and FIFA for all institutional media-related initiatives and content.
- Identify and connect with key stakeholders and institutional agencies to strengthen CONCACAF’s relationships and contribute to support the Confederation’s business goals.
- Form important bridges between media, stakeholders and other potential organizations that would contribute in fulfilling the Confederation’s strategic goals.
- Enhance meaningful relationships with targeted internal and external audiences.
- Has good understanding of the Confederation's objectives, mission and vision and pro-activeness in generating new ideas for effective institutional communications.
- Develop and write institutional communications products including website, publications, newsletters, press materials, briefings, backgrounders, fact sheets, invitations, letters, presentations and reports. All materials must reach the target audience with strategically aligned messages.
- Organize press events, and coordinate CONCACAF leadership official visits and public speaking engagements.
- Arrange interviews, maximizing institutional positioning opportunities and assisting with basic protocol at official events.
- Know, observe, study and report on social, economic and political trends that might promote or boost or affect the progress of the organization.
- Assist on daily media monitoring and clipping services of relevant local, national and international institutional news
- Write and coordinate information distribution through press releases, advisories, new media, and outreach
- Conduct in-depth research from reliable sources and detailed fact checking.
- Assist tracking and reporting all Public Affairs activities.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Travel to Confederation events to manage press conferences, events, meetings and training sessions, etc.
- Tracks and reports all Public Affairs activities.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org