Position Title: Public Affairs Intern
Reports to: Director of Public Affairs and Public Affairs Manager, Office of the President
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF "The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football" is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Public Affairs Intern will be an integral part of the Public Affairs team at CONCACAF. He/she will assist with daily operations and media relations activities in a fast-paced environment. Furthermore, the Public Affairs intern performs all duties with the aim of helping to achieve CONCACAF's strategic goals, including building CONCACAF's reputation among key media outlets within the region and internationally.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in communications and public relations is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- An effective and versatile communicator, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the soccer in the region a plus
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- Minimum GPA required: 3.0/4.0.
Hours: 15 - 20 hours a week
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
Academic Credit: Students accepted for an internship may earn academic credit while working in our office.
- Works in coordination with Director of Public Affairs and Manager of Public Affairs to support daily activities.
- Works with and supports the team on all relevant media/pr specific events.
- Supports distribution of press materials through pre-established outlets.
- Assist on daily media monitoring and clipping services of relevant local, national and international institutional news.
- Build editorial calendar and track media opportunities.
- Build and update strategic media lists, identifying new media outlets to increase CONCACAF's visibility.
- Help implement media strategy, including pitching, for events and initiatives.
- Draft letters, photo captions, press releases, media advisories and other press materials.
- Assist with archival/logging of photos and videos.
- Conduct online research and fact checking.
- Understanding of media within the region and internationally.
- Assist tracking and reporting all Public Affairs activities.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com