Position Title: Partnership Marketing Manager
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Oversees: Partnership Marketing Associate
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility and focus of this position is to lead the Partnership Marketing area by managing existing partner relationships, ensuring the Confederation overdelivers on its commitments while amplifying the promotion of tournaments and platforms, and focusing efforts on building strategies for sponsorship renewals
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the partnership marketing program, in coordination with and under the supervision of the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Have a thorough understanding of each partner’s business, industry, goals and objectives and develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns/activations to maximize the partnership value for partners and the confederation.
- Develop preliminary overviews and strategies for partner renewals.
- Manage relationships with key commercial partners.
- Responsible for operational sponsorship activations for all the Confederation’s tournaments and events (e.g. tournament draws, partner-related media announcements, trophy tours, etc.) including but not limited to:
- Ticket fulfillment and tracking for all sponsors (including suites and VIP).
- Coordination of game-day hospitality logistics for commercial partners.
- Coordination of execution of partner activation plans.
- Create hospitality programs and other service touchpoints for existing and potential partners in collaboration with Concacaf’s Event and Travel Services team.
- Liaise with vendors and partners in the development of partnership recap documents.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce commercial regulations and guidelines for tournaments/events and conduct in-person presentations to participating teams.
- Part of internal working group responsible for reviewing tournament Hosting Rights Agreements (“HRA”), specifically areas concerning commercial and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Liaise with various entities such as Local Organizing Committees (“LOC”), Member Associations, clubs, and venue personnel on partnership marketing projects.
- Ensure quality control for all client facing materials across Concacaf platforms.
- Work with Concacaf Brand team to develop partner brand guidelines to ensure correct partner brad integration and implementation.
- Track and review available rights and benefits for purposes of business development proposals.
- Help create and oversee departmental budget including management of expenses for revenue sharing calculations.
- In charge of procuring services and products to accomplish department deliverables including identifying potential vendors and preparing solicitation documents such as RFPs/RFQs.
- Oversee vendor relationships and route vendor invoices for approvals and payment
- Supervise venue branding and competition related assets including fieldboards, media elements, environmental signage, award ceremonies, trophies, individual awards, uniform patches, medals, etc.
- Works with all other departments to ensure that all public facing materials align with the Confederation’s brand strategy and standards.
- Support broader commercialization department growth initiatives.
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in sports sponsorship marketing, sports sales or related functions.
- Experience in soccer industry, especially in the Concacaf region, dealing with stakeholders.
- Proven experience analyzing and creating successful sponsorship platforms, as well as in negotiating and selling sponsorship packages.
- P&L management, knowledge of business planning and financial performance measures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record working with internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to identify and evaluate new opportunities for the growth of Concacaf properties.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 30 to 40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.