Posted November 2015
Position Title: Marketing and Fan Development Manager
Department: Communications and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is compose of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The principal responsibilities of this new position is to develop, implement and manage multicultural marketing strategies, promotions and ticket sales initiatives for all of CONCACAF’s tournaments. This position will interact primary with professional soccer clubs, national teams and football federations from around the region. The role requires a knowledge of the football landscape in the area, and a vision to adapt best practices to the realities of local markets with the end goal of maximizing attendances. CONCACAF is looking for an energetic and experienced professional to lead this area, reporting to the Confederation’s Director of Communications and Marketing. The position requires a desire to work as part of a team and the capability to solve problems independently. CONCACAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Develop strategic marketing plans (including ticket sales and promotion) and see them through from concept to execution; inclusive of budget and staffing plans to support all CONACACAF events in coordination with CONCACAF’s internal departments, CONCACAF’s external agencies Local Organizing Committees (LOCs).
- Create and manage strong relationships with clubs and federations to promote the CONCACAF tournaments
- Special focus on CONCACAF Champions League Fan Development strategy
- Monitor and document attendance statistics to evaluate trends and establish best practices.
- Create and manage ticket sales strategies that can be adapted to each market where a CONCACAF tournament is being hosted
- Create and manage promotional campaigns in coordination with CONCACAF Creative Department
- Manage relationships with key partners (e.g. soccer properties, client agency partners, vendors, local region contacts, etc.)
- Work in close relationship with CONCACAF Partnership Marketing Manager to maximize sponsor activations for CONCACAF Tournaments against ticket sales goals.
- Provide oversight for the Confederation’s day-to-day ticket sales and marketing activities and quality control for all client facing materials
- Work with the Broadcast and Creative departments to capture and archive fan engagement activities for future promotion of the CONCACAF tournaments & events
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have a keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Be able to quickly establish credibility throughout the organization and with stakeholders as a strategic thought leader in the areas of multicultural marketing, promotions and ticket sales
- Be available to travel to Confederation events to manage marketing and ticket sales implementation.
- Obtain good understanding of the company's objectives, mission and vision and pro-activeness in generating new ideas for effective brand promotion
- Strengthen relationships with current institutional partners and identify potential new ones
- Responsible for developing a monthly report for senior management on all marketing, promotions and ticket sales activities
- Monitors sport business industry publications to maintain the Confederation informed of newest trends and ideas in the marketplace
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Works with all other departments to ensure that all public facing materials align with the Confederation’s brand strategy and standards.
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree 3+ years of experience in Marketing, Ticket Sales and/or related field
- Knowledge of the soccer industry, especially in the CONCACAF region
- Proven experience developing 360 degree promotional, sales and marketing campaigns for soccer properties/ clubs
- Multiple years of experience dealing with agencies in the sports/entertainment industry
- Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment
- Experience and confidence to manage relationships with clubs across the region
- Expert knowledge in soccer (i.e. MLS, Liga MX, CONCACAF Champions League and International soccer)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Strong interpersonal skills, in order to work effectively with clients, internal management/co-workers and partner vendors/agencies
- Capacity to become an expert on Federations/ national teams and soccer clubs brand, sales and marketing strategies
- Prior experience serving as liaison between Client and other agency partners and stakeholders with the ability to become the Client relationship gatekeeper a plus
- Prior strategy work: Ability to be a key contributor to the strategic direction by supporting the creation and implementation of strategic marketing plans and program development
- Experience overseeing and managing executional deliverables and program activation, ideally with sports related properties.
- Understanding of the contract process and experience reviewing these types of business documents
- Ability to identify and evaluate new opportunities for the growth of CONCACAF properties
- Experience analyzing and reporting against ROI metrics in place
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Experience and confidence as a presenter of materials to stakeholders
- Superior organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 40% to 50%
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com