Position Title: Manager of FP&A
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Supports: Chief Financial Officer, Finance, Accounting, Football Operations, Commercialization, and Compliance
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
CONCACAF (the “Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football”) is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) worldwide. CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national Member Associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) position within CONCACAF reports to the Senior Finance Manager. This person will also have a significant amount of work directly with the Chief Financial Officer. This newly created position will ensure timely event-by-event financial monitoring and financial analysis, improved weekly 13-week cash flow analysis as a management tool, and improved financial variance analysis and internal and external reporting packages.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The right candidate will be a process-driven thinker who is comfortable taking initiatives for a continuous improvement mentality. This candidate will have the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities after demonstrated success.
- Leads the preparation of budgets for tournaments and events; track expenditures, and create timely variance analysis of actual results vs. budgeted results for each tournament/event; ensure an accurate review of total expenditures of all parties (i.e., CONCACAF expenses along with event partner expenses) to create a complete financial picture. Create monthly variance reports for the departmental P&L’s.
- Partners with Competitions, Operations and Development Departments, as well as Senior Finance Manager and CFO, to institute best practices through the use of budget templates for future events.
- Develops a database of relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for various event categories (tournaments, development events, etc.); develop a baseline by which to measure future performance improvement; track and report on KPIs on a regular basis.
- Responsible to assist Senior Finance Manager to prepare monthly Council reporting package.
Weekly 13-Week Cash Flow Model:
- Maintains and improves existing 13-week cash flow analysis; reviews Accounting Department tie-outs to check runs, and prepares timely and accurate weekly variance analysis; responsible to update the 13-week cash flow model weekly, with an in-depth full refresh done every 6-8 weeks.
- Assists the Controller in review of bi-weekly wire/check runs for comparisons to weekly budget to understand variances, recommend cash flow changes and disbursement list for CFO approval.
Departmental Results Review:
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager, the CFO, and departments in the preparation of the annual budget (and reforecasts) to ensure alignment with operational decisions, identification of risks/opportunities, and the development and management of contingency plans to close performance gaps.
- Leads analyses of weekly/monthly results vs. budget, forecast and prior year. Identify key drivers and trends. Recommend actions and improvement opportunities as appropriate.
- Ensures Annual Budget is uploaded in the Accounting System on a timely basis.
Other Operational Financial Analysis, Projects & Skills:
- Handles special projects and ad hoc financial analysis in support of business decision-making, as needed, which is anticipated to be a significant percentage of the job function.
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking, “hands-on” and metrics-driven analytical skills.
- Assists Corporate Controller with reviewing G/L and analytical accounts for accuracy in coding for month-end closing and reporting, including a solid grounding in GAAP.
- Understanding of financial, control and legal issues facing global sports industry, including sponsorship matters, licensing, anti-bribery, anti-kickback, self-dealing, etc.
- Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
- Assists Senior Finance Manager and Chief Financial Officer with a variety of tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 6 to 7 years of total experience, with various functions of increasing responsibility.
- FP&A experience for international, multi-location organizations is required, ideally with some experience in entertainment, sports, media or services.
- Ideally experience in both financial reporting and operational financial planning & analysis (FP&A).
- Ideally an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA), previously with at least 3 years of experience working for a major international audit firm required, such as a member of the “Big Four”.
- Displays strong knowledge of operational finance, GAAP and metrics-based analytics.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, “hands-on” analytical skills and a process driven mentality.
- Exhibits continuous improvement mentality. Helps maintain accountability of financial resources.
- Displays advanced skills in MS Excel, as well as strong skills in MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) systems.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.