Position Title: IT Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Sr. Manager
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
Responsible in providing support for our Football Management System (COMET) both internally for the organization and externally for our 41 Member Associations. Responds to request from departments who use the platform for Concacaf competitions. Submits and tracks support tickets, makes sure matters are treated depending on the severity of the case while making sure changes are in line with Concacaf requirements. All system changes must be approved by the IT Sr. Manager. Additionally, provides IT Support for the Organization when needed.
- Responsible in providing excellent user-end support to the Comet competition system both internally and external including our 41 Member Associations. Constant monitoring of the Comet mailbox. Respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Review and respond to inquiries from users. Determine user requirements. Identify and diagnose problems with hardware, software or configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems.
- Proficient in diagnosing, troubleshooting, testing, maintaining IT equipment.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Attend and participate in a variety of department meetings to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Assist IT Sr. Manager with a variety of task on as per needed basis.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- +2 years of experience on IT Support role.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Knowledge of managing: Windows 10 clients, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Network Shares, Windows Server 2012, 2019, SonicWALL, VPN, Active Directory and VoIP Systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, be able to find solutions efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively to end users.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel) and knowledge of accounting systems, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains systems.
- Office 365 experience (Office Apps, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype for Business).
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills for building relationships with peers, employees and partners, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.