Position Title: Head of Women’s Football
Department: Football Division
Reports to: Chief of Football Officer
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage Women’s football throughout the region.
POSITION PURPOSE: This position will play a critical role in developing women’s football across the entire CONCACAF region, including but not limited to:
- Increasing participation of the sport at all levels
- Improving performance on the pitch relative to other confederations and balancing performance across the region
- Developing opportunities for women in the sport across grassroots education, performance, and administration
- Responsible for leading Women’s Football Department at CONCACAF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission of developing, promoting and managing women’s football throughout the region
- In collaboration with other Football divisions, evolve overall women’s football development strategy and budget and manage budget effectively to ensure maximum resource utilization
- In collaboration with Football Development Department, design necessary women’s football youth grassroots development programs that are sustainable and scalable
- Advancing and properly monitoring and measuring CONCACAF and FIFA financial grant programs to ensure Member Associations are setting proper development objectives and delivering necessary results in women’s football development
- Working closely with CONCACAF regional offices to ensure there is a cohesive women’s football development strategy across the entire region
- Working closely with the FIFA Development and Women’s Football Departments and its Regional Offices within the CONCACAF region to develop measurable women’s football programs that will expand participation at all levels and provide the basis for consistently improving women’s national teams, National Leagues and referee programs
- Collaborating with other CONCACAF departments (Competitions, Member Associations, Commercial, and all internal administrative areas) to maximize synergies, particularly across the Football Division
- Serve as a point of contact for women’s football technical matters with FIFA, Member Associations and other FIFA Confederations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master in Sport’s Management or related field, preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in Women’s Football Development, 4 of which should ideally be in the CONCACAF region
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence other
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong network of coaches within the CONCACAF region
- An understanding of creating and building coaching education curriculums
- An understanding of creating and building administrative development curriculums
- Extensive technical knowledge of the game
- Previous experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Proven track record of managing multiple football development projects while effectively meeting deadlines
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse Governments and NGO’s groups
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish), and French would a plus.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.