Position Title: Head of Digital Products and Emerging Technologies
Department: Commercial Division
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Position based in: Miami, FL
Concacaf “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Head of Digital Products and Emerging Technologies is responsible for developing, planning and execute all-digital, social and new product strategies across all platforms for Concacaf tournaments, events and the entire organization as a whole.
- Lead in the Social Media landscape by onboarding Concacaf to cutting edge social technologies.
- Continuously drive a mobile first approach for all of the Confederations products and platforms.
- Develop, implement and measure a comprehensive digital content strategy around the Concacaf properties that focuses on people, stories, integration & innovation.
- Develop Video, Multimedia content and Stats to drive the content and product pillars.
- Establish commercial content franchisees that yield value to current and potential partners (e.g. Man of the Match, Concacaf Awards)
- Mature a fan/user database through relevant content and unique fan experience.
- Attract new market segments with unique content on digital platforms
- Thrive consumer products that focus on Fans and potential partners.
- Drive commercial value to Concacaf existing Products Web, Social & App
- Enforce rights management controls via social streaming to ensure all rights are properly safeguarded.
- Enable a Technology & Products culture that allows Concacaf to be at the forefront of the technology and sports industry.
- Develop and roll out an OTT solution that utilizes Concacaf historic archive as well as new content.
- Independently liaise with cross-organizational teams in delivering best in class tournaments and events.
- Proactively identifies trends and opportunities to shape the digital commercial landscape.
- Develops techniques that efficiently track and monitor overall product/programs performance for the purpose of creating business intelligence that will guide and enhance current and future digital initiatives.
- Able to quickly identify and understand broader business issues, as well as the immediate business urgencies that help shape the direction of digital commercial initiatives.
- Manage a full content publishing program, including overseeing an editorial team, presenting content to clients, helping to plan for paid amplification and performance assessment.
- Liaise and support Commercial agency/ partners in providing and supporting current and new commercial franchises.
- Manage the Digital team.
- Manage the direct relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Works with developer, user experience and technology partners/teams to envision products that are usable and can be socialized and concept tested with audience members.
- Work with relevant partners to optimize, set up, and productively use site and web and social analysis tools (i.e.. Google Analytics, Omniture, SEO, Spredfast, Crow Tangle, Twitter and related data and tracking tags, etc.).
- Create and distribute reports on site and selling Key Performance Indicators to drive sales, properties improvements and user experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams that may include design, brand, stats, media distribution, marketing and operations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- BS/BA Degree in Communications, Business, E-Commerce or another related field. Master’s Degree ideal.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on web, apps, mobile and digital program management experience, with a strong preference for fans engagement. Ideally experience in a lean-team, fast growth, sports environment.
- Ability to drive innovative and integrated commercial fan experiences and ideas across a full spectrum of digital mediums and up to date knowledge of a variety of new consumer technology and media trends.
- Strong project management skills: attention to detail; create and manage timelines, key deliverables, dependencies, quality and timely delivery. Adept at managing multiple projects at once.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based usability and the analysis of online behavior
- Vision and passion for creating online experiences for customers while building brands and business.
- Excellent business communication skills, both written and verbal (English & Spanish)
- Strong financial and analytical skill.
- Fan focused mindset.
- Proven supervisory experience with the ability to hire, manage and mentor staff
- Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to work effectively with clients, internal management/co-workers and partner vendors/agencies
- Key knowledge of soccer industry and language
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 30%-40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.