Position Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Jean M. Jimenez
Supports: Communications and all CONCACAF
Position based in: CONCACAF Miami
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is searching for an in-house graphic designer who will be responsible for creating design solutions for current and potential inter-departmental and event projects. The successful candidate will liaise with all departments’ to understand their needs before making design decisions.
Due to the nature of CONCACAF, design work will be required for a huge variety of tasks and activities, such as building mini-sites, apps, HTMLs, banners, books, magazines, posters, newsletters, displays for events, corporate communications and corporate identity guidelines. Ideally we want a designer who is able to deliver traditional design solutions for tangible materials as well as online and mobile design.
The candidate should posses a creative flair; up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and costs is vital. The successful candidate will be an organized person and have a proven track record of developing creative ideas and concepts, as well as meeting very tight deadlines.
- Asses design needs for all CONCACAF Departments
- Manage a timeline of projects to be delivered in an specific deadline
- Liaise with external agencies when needed for specific projects
- Support Operations, Human Resource, Communications and other departments in providing day to day fixes and edits to existing corporate designs.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, installers, etc.
- Interpreting CONCACAF business needs and developing a concept to suit its purpose
- Estimating the time required to complete the work
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts for traditional media and online media
- Gatekeeper of the CONCACAF Brand Manuals, and its brands: Gold Cup, Champions League and amateur tournaments.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Stay up to date with market standards in efforts to provide CONCACAF always with best of market design services and solutions
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Equivalent
- Graphic Design Skills
- Layout Skills
- Creative Services
- End User Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Desktop Publishing Tools
- Adobe Bundle: Photoshop, after effects, In design,
- Editing Tools such as: Final Cut, Premier Pro, Maya, 4D design are a plus
- Acute Vision and Creativity mode.
- The ability handle Design Rejection with a responsible approach
- The ability to wear the Soccer hat when putting the Design mode
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com.