Position Title: Executive Assistant
Department: General Secretariat
Reports to: General Secretary
Supports: Chief of Football Officer and Chief of Commercialization Officer
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
Reporting directly to the General Secretary, the Executive Assistant provides executive, one-on-one support and high level administrative skills to a wide range of business tasks. The Executive Assistant serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the General Secretariat and provides complex and confidential executive level administrative support both inside and outside of the Confederation.
- On a daily basis, activities will include overseeing, coordinating, administering and maintaining schedules, calendar of appointments, correspondence, meetings, events and travel itineraries as directed by the General Secretary and senior leadership
- Draft high level correspondence and materials
- Work with the Confederation’s 41 Member Associations (MA) providing administrative support as required on a broad range of topics
- Coordinate meetings, calls, visits of MA’s presidents, general secretaries, and C-Level executives
- Conduct research on a variety of topics related to the MA
- Monitor all 41 MA’s calendar of events and provide updates in a timely manner to the President
- Create executive summaries of meetings and distribute meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages as directed
- Work closely with the President’s office to arrange meetings and events as needed
- Assist in the planning of annual congresses as needed
- Maintain open, professional lines of communication across all levels of the organization
- Complete tasks as necessary and as directed by the General Secretary
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY::
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or public relations preferred
- 8+ years as an administrative or executive assistant
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to maintain positive working relationships with all of CONCACAF’s stakeholders
- Strong degree of professionalism and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and work environments
- Ability to adjust communication style and approach for multicultural audiences
- Strong organization skills
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptionally strong initiative and ownership of work, solid judgment and execution skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in regards to all matters and documents pertaining to the organization
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- An effective and proactive problem-solver, analyzing all situations thoroughly in order to anticipate problems before they arise
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Travel may be required
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish a must; ideal candidate is tri-Lingual (English, Spanish and French).
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.