Posted November 2015
Position Title: Event Manager Department: Operations
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supports: Director of Competitions
Position based in: Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is compose of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
Primary purpose is to prepare (plan), deliver and manage football matches, tournaments, and major events such as the Confederation’s annual congress, competitions’ draws, and regional seminars, among others.
- Planning and coordination of CONCACAF tournaments stage in member association countries (Official draw, team workshops, site inspections of stadiums
- Education and training programs
- Participating in planning meetings of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and member association Operation Committee.
- Communicate disciplinary reminders to the teams (Red or yellow cards)
- Assist with the management / execution of sponsorship contract entitlements at CONCACF tournaments.
- Assist with sponsorship matters for CONCACAF events in Central America
- Management of CONCACAF radio rights in Central America
- Manage partnership of official supplier, NIKE by forecasting orders for events, tournaments and functions with an annual budget throughout the 2014 contractual agreement.
- Oversee ordering of merchandise, ensuring accuracy of supply orders for equipment including sporting goods, staff attire and event materials.
- Oversee and organize inventory for shipping required for tournaments
- Perform audit on stores and equipment as required
- Collaborate with design team and merchandisers to select logos, designs and product specs for tournament signage, licensed promotional attire and memorabilia.
- Produce game public announcement script to adhere to stadium guidelines while incorporating corporate partnership advertisement spots for video and audio commercial marketability.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum 5 years of experience at the international level
- Excellent interpersonal skills, High attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability are a must
- Ideal candidate must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Effective written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Very effective organizational skills
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org