Position Title: Event and Travel Services Administrator
Division: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Head of Travel and Events
Supports: Corporate Meetings, Events and Football Competitions
Position based in: Miami HQ
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The ETS Administrator will support the Event and Travel Services Department and will contribute to the success of the Administration division as well as the overall organization. The candidate will be responsible for managing events from the planning to the closing stage as well as general support for the ETS department. The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and must be confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meetings and events planning from RFP production, site inspections and selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, onsite staffing and post-event reconciliation and reporting.
- Oversea and facilitate all aspects of events accommodation including hotel sourcing, contracting, rooming list management, F & B and pay master reconciliation for teams, referees, staff and VIP guests.
- Onsite events management including event setup, problem solving, welcoming guests, communicating with staff and event take-down.
- Work on multiple national and regional meetings simultaneously.
- Prepare contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures.
- Setup and manage the invitation process for event guests.
- Work closely with other departments to plan scope and format of events.
- Prepare BEO information with event venues.
- Create and manage budgets for all events.
- Work with the brand marketing department to create event materials and signage.
- Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering and packing/shipping of event materials
- Create and implement staffing plan for events.
- Reconcile event charges and provide the appropriate financial coding for payment.
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports including recommendations for improvement.
- Administrative support for the Event & Travel Services (ETS) department
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position will be required to support the Head of Event & Travel Services with other activities and tasks as assigned including workshops, draws, tournaments and special projects.
- Support the Head of Event & Travel Services with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, draws, tournaments and special projects
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word; Outlook and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other event management software (e.g. CVENT) a plus.
- Up-to-date on current trends in the events industry.
- Experienced at negotiating with hotels and vendors.
- Experience in dealing with sports teams is a plus.
- Team player, professional, positive attitude, pride in work product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Exceptional client service mindset.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks efficiently.
- Experience working in Caribbean region is a plus
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French). Spanish and Dutch are a plus.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee will be required to work varying schedules including nights and some weekends to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.