Position Title: Event Administrator (EA)
Reports to: Senior Event Manager
Supports: Football Competitions
Position could be based in: Miami, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Event Administrator (EA) will support the Senior Event Manager and will contribute to the success of the division as well as the overall organization. The candidate will be responsible for the overall administration of all the National Competitions and Club Competitions and act as the liaison with some of the participating Member Associations (MAs)/Clubs. The successful candidate will assist with the communications and correspondences with important stakeholders, and must be confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable. The EA will also support the operations team, draws, workshops and special projects.
- Manage all assigned administrative duties of the MAs/Club Competitions division.
- Collect and verify the required forms and data from participating teams in all National teams and Club competitions.
- Act as a Team Service Manager (TSM) with the participating MAs/clubs on a daily basis.
- Prepare official correspondences to be distributed to various Club Competitions’ stakeholders.
- EA will assist in the development, standardization and implementation of various event tools, procurement process, budgeting, inventory control, packing lists and any departmental need.
- Work with the other department to prepare all match appointment letters.
- Assist in the day to day administration, projects and staff needs.
- Maintain project schedules and administrative procedures up to date.
- Review administrative practices, report and implementing changes when necessary.
- Collaborates on various projects involving other departments as required.
- EA will facilitate cross departmental communication.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combinationof the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the company.
- Support Event Teams
- Act as a Venue Coordinator and/or Match Coordinator when appointed
- Support the Head of National Competitions and/or Head of Club Competitions with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, draws, tournaments and special projects
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports management
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other project management software a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Affinity for football
- People oriented – works well with people at all levels
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish). French and Dutch are a plus.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee will be required to work varying schedules including nights and some weekends to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org