Position Title: Dutch Translator
Reports to: Director of Committees
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach. FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
CONCACAF is seeking an in-house, full time multilingual translator who specializes in English and Dutch. The candidate will be responsible for translating a variery of written documents from each of the above referenced languages.
- Provide translation of documents, publications, letters, presentations, press releases, spreadsheets, corporate statutes, codes and regulations, meeting minutes, online articles, tournament regulations, etc.
- reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained;
- liaising with document author to discuss any unclear points
- proofreading and editing final translated versions
- provide each department (Committees, Competitions, Finance, General Secretariat, Legal) with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually , but not limited to, a word-processed document;
- prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Support all departments within CONCACAF in an administrative capacity when needed
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English and Dutch (Native Dutch speaker preferred, but not required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Two to three years of documented professional translation experience
- Recent experience working as a full-time translator for an agency, company, or as an independent contractor preferred
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.