Position Title: CONCACAF Operations Intern
Department: Operations/Competitions Division
Reports To: Club Competitions Manager
Supports: Operations/Competitions Division
Position Based In: Miami, FL
Position Start Date: January 2015
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
This position, which is classified as a 3-6 month internship, will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the operations and competitions departments within CONCACAF. This position will provide the opportunity to work specifically with the CONCACAF Champions League as well as providing support for other CONCACAF competitions. The ideal candidate will possess a dedicated work ethic, strong organizational capabilities and a willingness to take initiative on various projects. They must also possess effective oral and written communication skills and a passion for using sports as a development vehicle to create positive change. Based on performance during the internship, the person filling this role may be offered a full-time position within the CONCACAF.
- Support the operations team in preparation of upcoming matches and tournaments
- Track statistical data for various games and tournaments
- Assist in creating and implementing improved procedures for game day operations
- Assist in the planning of future tournaments with a focus on:
- Researching and identifying potential venues
- Assisting in developing future projects on club and national team levels
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable supervision:
- Must be working towards a degree in the sports industry
- Fluency in English and Spanish or French
- Must possess excellent organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and manage key relationships
- Demonstrate passion about the sports industry
- Knowledge about the soccer is important
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports & entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com