Position Title: Director of Development
Department: Football Division
Reports to: Chief of Football Officer
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters, Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
POSITION PURPOSE: This position will play a critical role in developing football across the entire region, including but not limited to:
- Increasing participation of the sport at all levels
- Improving performance on the pitch relative to other confederations and balancing performance across the region
- Responsible for leading CONCACAF’s Development Department in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission of developing, promoting and managing football throughout the region with integrity, transparency and passion in order inspire participation in the game
- Developing overall development strategy and budget and managing budget effectively to ensure maximum resource utilization
- Designing necessary youth grassroots development programs that are sustainable and scalable
- Advancing and properly monitoring and measuring CONCACAF financial grant programs to ensure Member Associations are setting proper development objectives and delivering necessary results
- Working closely with CONCACAF regional offices to ensure there is a cohesive development strategy across the entire region
- Working closely with the FIFA Development Department and its Regional Offices within the CONCACAF region to develop meaningful, measurable programs that will expand participation at all levels and provide the basis for consistently improving men’s and women’s national teams, National Leagues and referee programs
- Working in partnership with other CONCACAF departments (Competitions, Member Associations, Commercial, and all internal administrative areas) to maximize synergies
- Point of contact for technical matters with FIFA, Member Associations and other FIFA Confederations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree. Master in Sport’s Management or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in Football Development, 4 of which should ideally be in the CONCACAF region
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong network of coaches within the CONCACAF region
- An understanding of creating and building coaching education curriculums
- An understanding of creating and building administrative development curriculums
- An understanding of the Club Licensing Program
- Extensive technical knowledge of the game
- Previous experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Proven track record of managing multiple football development projects while effectively meeting deadlines
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse Governments and NGO’s groups
- Ideal candidate is tri-lingual (English, Spanish & French).
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.