Position Title: Club Competitions Administrator
Reports to: Head Club Competitions
Supports: Club Competitions division
Position based in: CONCACAF
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Club Competitions Administrator (CCA) will support the Head of Club Competitions and will contribute to the success of the division as well as the overall organization. The candidate will be responsible for the overall administration of all the club competitions and act as the liaison with some of the participating clubs. The successful candidate will assist with the communications and correspondences with important stakeholders, and must be confident, positive, professional, with a strong attention to detail and reliable. The CCA will also support the operations team, draws, workshops and special projects.
- Manage all administrative duties of the Club Competitions division.
- Collect and verify the required forms and data from participating teams in all club competitions.
- Act a Team Service Manager (TSM) with the participating clubs on a daily basis.
- Prepare official correspondences to be distributed to various Club Competitions’ stakeholders.
- Work with the referee department to prepare all match appointment letters.
- Assist in the day to day administration, projects and staff needs.
- Maintain project schedules and administrative procedures up to date.
- Review administrative practices, report and implementing changes when necessary.
- Collaborates on various projects involving other departments as required.
- CCA will facilitate cross departmental communication.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support venue teams.
- Act as an Assistant General Coordinator.
- Support Head of Club Competitions with activities and tasks as assigned, including workshops, draws and special projects.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project or other project management software a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must.
- Affinity for football
- People oriented – works well with people at all levels
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish). French is a plus Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee will be required to work varying schedules including game nights and some weekends to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.