Position Title: Champions League Event Manager
Reports to: Club Competitions Manager
Supports: The Champions League Tournament
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
POSITION PURPOSE: This position revolves around the operational and competition aspects of the CONCACAF Champions League. Additionally it will require support of game day operations and the planning of the competition throughout the year.
- Liaison with the participating teams and federations
- Organize and support game day requirements
- Assist in day to day operations
- Develop and implement new ideas to help grow the tournament
- Consult with department members to make decisions and recommendations
- Secure logistics and details to ensure successful implementation of practices
- Travel throughout the region to support the tournament and its requirements
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist in tracking and setting the yearly budget
- Draft various memos to be distributed throughout the year to teams and federations
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in sports
- Must be knowledgeable with Soccer in our region
- Candidate must be fully bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to use time-management techniques to complete projects within the required timeframe
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to include being detail oriented and innovative
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel throughout the CONCACAF region without the need of visas
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org