Position Title: Brand Marketing Manager
Department: Finance & Administrative
Reports to: Chief of Finance and Administrative Officer
Oversees: Graphic Designers Team
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters Miami Beach, FL
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The principal responsibility of this position is to manage all aspects of the Confederation’s image, including its brand integration and application as part of advertising and sales campaign strategies. The position will also require the development and management of sports/multicultural marketing and promotions campaigns that support ticket sales initiatives for all of CONCACAF’s properties. The primary interactions/relationships will be with a variety of agencies, all CONCACAF departments, as well as clubs, national teams and football federations from around the region.
CONCACAF is looking for an experienced, professional Brand Marketing Manager to lead this area, reporting to the Confederation’s Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. The position has personnel and project management responsibilities and requires a desire to work as part of a team. The candidate must be capable to solve problems independently.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the brand positioning of CONCACAF and all of its tournaments
- Safeguard the Confederation’s brand
- Liaise with several creative agencies to develop concepts for all of the Confederation’s competitions
- Develop, implement and monitor an approval process for all brand elements across stakeholders
- Develop strategic advertising and sales campaigns that support the commercialization goals of the Confederation
- Create and manage relationships with clubs and national teams to promote CONCACAF’s brand
- Provide oversight for the Confederation’s day-to-day activities and quality control for all client facing materials
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Works with all other departments to ensure that all public facing materials align with the Confederation’s brand strategy and standards.
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing 4+ years of experience in Brand Management
- Experience in Sports Marketing and/or related field a plus
- Multiple years of experience dealing with agencies in the sports/entertainment industry
- Solid brand experience developing, managing and/or building an organization’s image
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is able to enhance unique marketing opportunities, while succeeding in dealing with challenges
- Proven experience overseeing consumer marketing campaigns including live event production and agency management.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to work effectively with clients, internal management/co-workers and partner vendors/agencies
- Capacity to become an expert on Federations/ national teams and football clubs brand, as well as marketing strategies
- A keen sense of the business process and clear understanding how brand marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment
- P&L management and strong analytical skills.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 20 to 30%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.