Position Title: Assistant to the Director of Competitions
Reports to: Director of Competitions
Supports: General Competitions Administration
Position based in: Miami, Florida
We are “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is compose of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
POSITION PURPOSE: This position revolves around the administration aspects of the various national teams competitions. Additionally it will require support of venue operations and the planning of the competitions throughout the year.
- Provide day to day administrative support to the director of competitions
- Coordinate reports and presentations for the CONCACF Executive Committee
- Coordinate reports and presentations for the various CONCACF Standing Committees
- Prepare, review and manage the distribution of circulars for the various competitions
- Collate the various competitions reports for the annual congress report
- Liaison with the competitions departments at FIFA, other confederations, CONCACAF sub-region bodies and member associations as required (regulations; draws; match schedules; results of matches)
- Track all vacation and leave entitlements for Department staff
- Review travel manifest for the various competitions; workshops and other related events
- Coordinate invitations for draws/workshops and follow up with invitees and obtain passport and travel details
- Assist with the preparation for the draw and workshop venue
- Communicate with all appointees their confirmed air travel, transport and hotel accommodations for competitions that may be assigned
- Coordinate with the Finance Department the meal allowances worksheet for all competitions and events that may be assigned
- Coordinate a per diem worksheet for all appointees following the competitions and submit to finance with supporting bank wire information for all competitions and events that may be assigned
- Assist with general administration during the competitions that may be assigned including managing the rooming list, meeting room assignments and preparation, arrival and departure transportation for staff and appointees, laundry arrangements, cell phone distribution and collection, distribution of accreditation, assistance with VIPs and VVIPs, meeting notices and reminders, transportation schedule, uniform attire notices and any other admin task that may be assigned
- Assist with the reconciling of the department staff expense reports
- Travel as approved in support of the various tasks and responsibilities
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist the Manager for Disciplinary and International Matches with tracking Levies for the matches and yellow and red cards for CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers and others competitions as may be assigned
- Assist the Manager for Disciplinary and Internal Matches with letters of approval for international matches
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in sports
- Knowledge in Soccer in our region would be an asset
- Candidate must be fully bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to use time-management techniques to complete projects within the required timeframe
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to include being detail oriented and innovative
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel throughout the CONCACAF region without the need of visas
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.